• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What a pain these green ones are....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Persistance, being stubborn, or having no life...

I just spent a total of, at least, 12 hours,maybe more, over the last 3 days getting a successful "unlock" on a agoia 9 1600(greenie)..
This is the forth XP and definitely the hardest.. Why? I have no clue. It just wouldn't take..
133x6.5
133x8.5
1500 instead of 1600...
Man I almost gave up but I knew it could and would be done..

Finally, 1600--1400mhz---133x10.5
Ok, great.. Let's adjust the multiplier.. Reboot.. No change...
Clean, paint, boot up, adjust, etc...
Over and over again..

Finally ..success!

I found that using clear fingernail polish and the conductive pen the best and easiest to clean off....

OP
OnDborder

OnDborder

Update: don't waste time or money on these green "9"s. IMHO.

Won't boot into windows @ 185x9.5
170x10
It will run stable at 180x9.
So I got to around to 1600-1650 on this chip. This certainly isn't worth the anguish I put into unlocking it..

JDXNC

I just got my AGOIA "9" from Kunak and it does 1575 locked at stock voltage perfectly stable and will post at 166 X 10.5 at stock voltage but gets a BSOD loading windows... if my K7S5A had voltage adjustments I'm sure it would do quite a bit more.

EDIT... accidentially wrote "unlocked" instead of locked.

Last edited:

JDXNC

I think its my ram holding me back at 166 FSB... I dunno, either way I got a great deal on it and its way better than a 1Ghz Duron ;)

Kunaak

JDXNC, you got it at 166 on that ECS with the OC bios?

thats impressive, with that OC bios I couldn't get anymore then 142.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I screwed up the unlocking of my pair of AGOIA green XPs. The L1 bridges are a mess.

David

TyRex

did you guys take that stupid sticker off, or did you just leave it on? I just got my AGOIA 0224 greenie today.......now i'm starting to get worried

OP
OnDborder

OnDborder

My aroia y is brown and it is a good OC'r..

OCLuc, I have a ayhja 1 gig. It is the only t-bird I have left out of 4, 1 avia, 2 axias, and the ayhja..
Sold the rest with the systems.
It's a keeper.