• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What about the temp with peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heavenly

Registered
Hi , I would like to now what the temps should be with a peltier and a PEP66T with two fans (Alpha's) at 5vlt
I see posts with temps going below zero and top 19/20 c , I have a [email protected] and with full load it goes into the lower 30's and idle it stay's at 5/6 C.
The pelt is a 80 watt and is firmly making contact with the core , between all parts is a thin layer of artic silver.
Any suggestions?? Thanks a lot.

wild_andy_c

NAKED Overclockers Unite! Senior
This is a very subjective question on a very subjective topic. It's a case of suck it and see.

Air cooled pelts alone are generally only as good as water alone cooling. i.e. a 10°c drop from air alone.

The only real super gains come with the combination of the two - that's when supercooling sub zero occurs. Especially when conducted using a vapour phase refrigerant.

OP
H

heavenly

Registered
Hi [email protected] PC133 cas222 7/9
Temp idle is 4C and full load is 23C , The sys is stable as to now . Should i bother getting watercooling to?
I don't think the temps are gonne hold me back in further O/C??

B

BorisDaSpider

[email protected] 78Watt peltier,water cooled aluminum block Sitting hear with 3 browsers and mp3 playing and looing at mbm5 im at -35C Under load I might get it up to -5C