• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What am I doing wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NedClocker

I put this question personally to 2 of our members, at least 1 of them ranking, and have not received the courtesy of any response, so I am opening it up to everyone. (I will not tell you what his name is, but his initials are Kendan. :rolleyes: )

Why come my points aint keepin' up? I'm getting kicked.

(I believe the other's initials are Wedo. Are you still smoke free, Wedo?)

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
So I can finally catch up and pass you....:D

Dunno bud...You're running the latest version (3.24?)? Have the -advmethods -forceasm flags on??

Are all of you rigs folding under the proper name/team #?

How's Sharon??

Cheers!

B.

OP
NedClocker

NedClocker

Yes, yes, and yes (I'm pretty sure.)

She's doing pretty well, thank you.

Yes, you and tens of others, including flounder! and Jet! and Kendan!

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
NedClocker said:
Yes, yes, and yes (I'm pretty sure.)

She's doing pretty well, thank you.

Yes, you and tens of others, including flounder! and Jet!

Yes, but I think I'm the only one that's vowed to continue running this, even if/after the stats restart again someday, to pass ya... :cool:

Good to hear she's doing well. How are you doing? Long time no hear....

B.

JetMech

Hi Ned. I've been watching you and noticed the drop. Didn't think you were in trouble. Just thought you had backed off for whatever reason. I can think of no reason why your production would drop that bad without your cooperation. The points have gone up in value so your systems should have responded accordingly. You've selected -advmethods but is the server giving them to you?

My production increase has been due to my replacing all my CPUs with 1700+s and running them at 166x12/12.5. Had a real good weekend but it took a lot of direct support on my part to get it (being available to manually connect when WUs finished). Because the work week takes half of my time I expect to see a drop. This up/down trend will prob be the norm for me. Please give specifics about your setup (I believe you were K7S5A/Duron x 8 the last I heard). That setup should be able to do at least 1300/1500 if run 24/7.

Glad to hear that Sharon's doing well. Kiss her on the forehead for me.

I have some spare CPU's if you need more Horsepower. Give me a PM.

Oh yeah. Hope you're doing well also.
:D :D

DManeKid

yes, doing what rottys said would be a very good idea on all amd rigs, stanford disabled sse on the 1.47 gromacs core and the new 1.48 core brings it back ONLY if you use the -forceasm flag........BUT that only works for the first wu you finish after starting up the client (after that it goes back to useing 3dnow)

the new beta client fixes that :) just replace the .exe that you dl with the one you currently have in your dir(s) and then rename it to what the old one was called so your shorcuts work propperly :) gl Ned!

OP
NedClocker

NedClocker

Mr B said:

Yes, but I think I'm the only one that's vowed to continue running this, even if/after the stats restart again someday, to pass ya... :cool:

Good to hear she's doing well. How are you doing? Long time no hear....

B.

Yes, how did you put it? Something like, "I'll pass you or chase you all the way to the top."

I don't think my memory has done it justice. I think it sounded better than that but don't have time to search it up right now.

Look at me! I'm #24. And just to think. I used to be #7. I think I even was #6 for a while.

Sigh. Morgan core durons just aren't what they used to be. :eek: :cry:

nahmus

I used to be at 1900ppw and then I went down to around 1400.

I'm checking all my rigs now.

I've even borged 4 p4's but stanford does not show more active CPU's Not sure whats going on

I need to FINALLY PASS DmaneKid!!!!!!!

glad thiings are going better man Keep the faith!!

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
NedClocker said:

Yes, how did you put it? Something like, "I'll pass you or chase you all the way to the top."

I don't think my memory has done it justice. I think it sounded better than that but don't have time to search it up right now.

Look at me! I'm #24. And just to think. I used to be #7. I think I even was #6 for a while.

Sigh. Morgan core durons just aren't what they used to be. :eek: :cry:

Well, if it's any consolation to ya, I was in 9th....now I'm in the mid to upper 30's...:cry:

And my PPD/PPW have gone up from the time I was in 9th...:eek:

All that means is we've gotten some really heavy hitters on board nowadays, pumping out WU's by the boatload. It's all good. For the Team, and FAH overall.

Still chasin ya, bud. What else can I do?? :p

Cheers!

B.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Wait a minute!!!!!!!! I (finally) answered that PM!!!! I'm a little slow these days, been busy with school/work/life........

Ned, get that beta core and slap the flags in your boxes. My production started to dive then I found out that some of my major rigs had the flags removed when I added the service installer. My production is doing much better now that the service is running, the flags are in place, and the beta core is churning.

I'm probably going to be away for most of the weekend but PM and I promise I answer in a more timely manner. :D

Glad to hear that you and Sharon are doing well.... and don't ever try to blame those faces on your kid again, you should be ashamed. :D

Wedo

scoobiedoo

Love slave to da man
Ned doing what wedo said will get you back up and running to full strength.

and yes we do have alot of heavy hitters now.

use of the beta is highly recommended. Any of your machines with sse in them will gain a significant increase in production.

And I still pray for you and Sharon every sunday at church :D

scoobiedoo

scoobiedoo

Love slave to da man
The Morgan core durons do i believe have sse instructions in them

So if you have one of them i would say go with the sse tag just to be sure.

scoobiedoo