• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What am i looking for in terms performance in a video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

I bought a 6450 for my sisters super little computer i put it in my computer to see how it does and it does pretty good for what i paid for it.

I just want to know when playing pc games what stats am i looking at in terms of performance i go here to check out card stats gpureview.com

they have these listed
Manufacturer: AMD
Series: Radeon HD 6k
GPU: Barts
Release Date: 2010-10-22
Interface: PCI-E 2.0 x16
Core Clock: 775 MHz
Shader Clock: 775 MHz
Memory Clock: 2000 MHz (4000 DDR)
Memory Bandwidth: 128 GB/sec
FLOPS: 1488 GFLOPS
Pixel Fill Rate: 24800 MPixels/sec
Texture Fill Rate: 37200 MTexels/sec

Note this is for a 6850 ^

Just wanted to know for any future purchases.

Memory Bandwidth: 128 GB/sec
Pixel Fill Rate: 24800 MPixels/sec
Texture Fill Rate: 37200 MTexels/sec

These are the most important sections, other than shader/texture units. At the bottom of the list you'll see those. If you select compare cards on GPUReview, it will bold whichever is higher in those figures from the ones you've picked.

I looked at comparisons on their site when I was upgrading from my 4870, and the 6950 was roughly 2x in those counts. It's actually a bit faster than that, but the comparison provided a rough estimate to go by.

Core/RAM clocks will be relatively meaningless between cards (especially ATI/Nvidia comparisons).

Realistically though, the best way to compare cards is via benchmarks (google "Anandtech GPU bench").

Back