• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are good proccessor and system temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ses2017

I have a Volcano 9 selectable speed (with copper) fan running wide open with thermal paste, and a case fan, in addition to a power supply fan and a well ventilated case, and my cpu temp runs about 59-60C and my system temp at 28-30C. The question is, is this a good range, am I too hot on the CPU, and if so, what can be done with the exiting config to improve it? The CPU is an 800 Duron, I have a 100gb WD and 64 meg sis 315 video, if any of this helps.

james.miller

wow! that cpu temp is way too hot, especially for a duron 800

are you using thermal paste? and is the h/s installed the right way round on the cpu?

also that system temp is a little high, what system fan have you got?

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

kent_b29

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!! yeah that is very hot. did you use artic silver 3? that would help alot. Also what type of airflow do you have going through your case? Depending on what you have you might want to add more fans or adjust your cables probperly so they don't restrict airflow.

Kent

dxiw

Disabled
THATS CRAZY
you should have temps in the 30's and low 40's with that cpu.
I advise you check your hsf's contact and make sure you use artic silver. The artic silver a lone can lower your cpu by 20C.

james.miller

dxiw said:
THATS CRAZY
you should have temps in the 30's and low 40's with that cpu.
I advise you check your hsf's contact and make sure you use artic silver. The artic silver a lone can lower your cpu by 20C.

thats only over using no thermal grease at all. he wont see that drop if he's allready using thermal grease