• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are people using to stress test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most folks stick to default settings which means power savings of some sort to compensate for the ridiculous high vcore (especially Skylake) and don't fold ?
What are you talking about ridiculous high vcore and don't fold?

Have you noticed with BIOS settings on auto the average Skylake does around 1.4v ? and all the power settings are turned on. Plus the average peep doesn't fold.

I've seen a few up there, but mostly see it banging around 1.3-1.35V on auto and AVX loads.

Have you noticed with BIOS settings on auto the average Skylake does around 1.4v ? and all the power settings are turned on. Plus the average peep doesn't fold.

I'm not a Intel micro electronic engineer are you? Intel knows what they are doing they have been making processors since 1968.;)

Folks should not use the PC for distributed computing projects if they can't prime95 24/7.

I was not taking a bout Average peep. I think people that do distributed computing projects are above average, they like to discover things like Prime numbers and help folks with medical treatment.

Intel knows what they are doing they have been making processors since 1968.;)

Sure, NASA engineers also know what their doing, they've been building ships since 1957... You could say the same about every company and every single one has their fair share of "accidents". So until there's one that can proudly say "no screw ups" i say they have no idea what their doing and at least half of their accomplishments are result of industrial espionage or downright luck :p seriously though, Intel has balls to assume that everyone has a decent cooler to set auto voltage so high on a processor, if even a hundredth had a crappy old cooler like the old AMD's they would have been in for a nasty surprised the 1st time they tried to overclock/Prime/fold. 1.3v-1.4v is not fun for stock :( and we only talked about 6600k/6700k, i wonder what kinda voltage people have on locked and lower tier CPU's ?

Good example : http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/779002-Stock-6700k-hitting-94-Degrees-on-Prime95

I was not taking a bout Average peep. I think people that do distributed computing projects are above average, they like to discover things like Prime numbers and help folks with medical treatment.

Don't forget Bitcoin mining :rofl:

:confused: who's arguing :confused: i thought this was a simple discussion, no heat from my side.

Sure, NASA engineers also know what their doing, they've been building ships since 1957... You could say the same about every company and every single one has their fair share of "accidents". So until there's one that can proudly say "no screw ups" i say they have no idea what their doing and at least half of their accomplishments are result of industrial espionage or downright luck :p seriously though, Intel has balls to assume that everyone has a decent cooler to set auto voltage so high on a processor, if even a hundredth had a crappy old cooler like the old AMD's they would have been in for a nasty surprised the 1st time they tried to overclock/Prime/fold. 1.3v-1.4v is not fun for stock :( and we only talked about 6600k/6700k, i wonder what kinda voltage people have on locked and lower tier CPU's ?

I never have seen a recall for Vcore from AMD or Intel, Intel has safety throttle also shutdown temp features built in, folks are safe also Intel is safe from product failure do to heat. When you operate the CPU outside of Intel's published specification you Void the warranty.;)

The Performance Tuning Protection Plan is an additional plan that a customer can purchase to cover processor failures caused by operating the eligible processor outside of Intel’s published specifications. http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/faq

No balls here from Intel, they have them selves covered.

Yes thankfully they thermal throttle when they hit 90c+ ;) at the risk of derailing the thread even more, i never heard of that plan ? does every Intel CPU on the market have that or do you have to go out and purchase ?

If the cooling stops for any reason the CPU will shut down ~120c

The PTPP is only for overclocking processors. Purchasing Link: https://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

Why is Intel offering the Performance Tuning Protection Plan?
Intel has received feedback from customers who want to implement overclocking on eligible processors, that because of the lack of any replacement coverage for the eligible processors, the risk of overclocking is too great. We understand this position, and while we cannot endorse overclocking, we want to provide a limited remedy if issues arise as a result of their decision to enable overclocking. The limited remedy consists of a replacement processor (i.e., replacing the processor damaged solely as a result of the overclocking). http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/faq

Yes thankfully they thermal throttle when they hit 90c+ ;) at the risk of derailing the thread even more, i never heard of that plan ? does every Intel CPU on the market have that or do you have to go out and purchase ?
I believe tjmax, where it throttles, is 100C. They don't throttle at 90C. Then, after that, there is a shutdown temp. Typically 10-20C more. I believe it's in the white paper somewhere.

Back