• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your air cooled temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoN068

What is your air cooled temps? Post your idle and load temps (in celsius), and what your heatsink and fan are. The person with the lowest gets a cookie!

Edit: Post your ambient and case temps too if you can...

SLK-800 and a Vantec Tornado 84CFM - 31C idle/36C load - 22C case/24C ambient

Last edited:

DipStickTony

Well then I must not know how to use AS-3 or mount a heatsink.

My sk-7 with as-3 and 80mm tornado is 39idle 47load

I have a compunurse touching the core directly from the side.

My bios reports 61c at full load.....so im thinking thats way off, also soyo HW monitor says 37c for the cpu, but I think the compunurse is the most accurate since it is touching the core, i guess ill try to remount again today, btw quick question when lapping whats the highest grit you use ? I havent lapped yet, but im thinking of it....

600grit, 1000 grit, 1400 ??? would that work and is there a 1400 ?

NBK19

I'm not gonna reply to the Lapping question because I haven't Lapped anything "Yet" .. Was gonna say some stuff about your Temps. The sK-7 and the AX-7 runs pretty much the same "From the reviews I have read" .. There is a proper way to apply As-3 to your heatsink and Cpu Core though. You could be doing that wrong. Even could be mounting the heatsink wrong cause not enough Contact or something. But go here for help on the As-3 applying guide. http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm >>>>> For further more cooling options here is alot of tips. Courtesy of Yodums. http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128729

maxima88

21c idle 19c load but that's with my room at 10c and with my ski
outfit on. That's the extreme.

With room temp at around 20c, 26 idle, 29c full load.

sk7 w/ 80cfm Delta.

maxima88

that was just to see how low I could get my temps and how high I could get my o/c to. I've only done it maybe 2 or 3 nights.
Don't wanna catch pneumonia. lol

ronin1967

Old motherboard : 28C case, 30C idle, 33-35C under load

replacement motherboard(the piece of **** I am sending back becuase it was suppose to be new but was refurbished)

28C for the case, 37C idle, 42C-45C under load

DipStickTony

I see my problem, I was just putting as-3 on the core and then apply it, when I needed to rub some into the heatsink as well. Ill mess with it as soon as I get home :)
Thanks for the tips!

Pfieffdog

Registered
My temps are mid 50's under load with a volcano 7. I just purchased an SLK-800 to see if we can bring the temps down.

-Pfieff

OP
NeoN068

NeoN068

WOW ya you really do need to bring those temps down. I sugest cleaning your processor off real good then use some Artic Silver when you get your SLK-800

Gnufsh

What are your case and/or ambient temps guys? This info is pretty useless without that. Right now, my case is at 27C and my CPU is 36.5 full load. I can't tell you idle, because I've been running folding and prime95 for 18 hours and 45 minutes so far. Yeah 1.8GHz!