• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what burning software for Win 7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since this one turned out to be a good topic, if anyone wants to write up something on the various disc burning programs referenced and explore their differences, just shoot me a PM. :)

I grew up with scratchy 78 rpm records played on the living room console radio, rock & roll 45's scattered all over my sixth grade girl friend's bedroom floor, and then LPs on my precision Dual 1219 in my singles apartment in a big city high rise apartment with two sets of Koss ESP-9 electrostatic headphones (so you could precisely hear every vinyl imperfection). So, you see, "those round silver things" represent a true quantum leap in quality to me and I still consider them as a very viable medium for quality music. MP3s certainly have the convenience of being able to cram a ton of songs into my iPhone & iPod or even a round silver thing for my car. But, for me, it just does not feel that long ago that I purchased my first CD player (really cheap at $210.00) and was awed by the technology of truly very high quality music reproduction (My first CD was Lionel Ritchie's Danci on the Ceiling). My wife and I still burn audio CDs because until very recently, our vehicles did not accept MP3 CDs. Easy CD DVD Extractor is an excellent application for this task and also does a great job ripping the music of our many round silver things to MP3 files so we can load in my iPhone and my wife's Zune. I suggest taking a look at this App.

Like others have suggested. Image burn is a good program. I use to use Alcohol 120%, nero, and Roxio but now I mostly use Image burn.

With Image burn you can rip files, burn images/iso, files.

I'm also using Nero 7 ultra on Win7 Ultimate with no issues. I tried using Ashampoo after havin issues with Nero9 but found video burning to be not as good as using Nero vision so I went back to Nero 7.
I'm a bit surprised...I've been using Nero 9 for quite a while, and haven't had a single problem. BTW It's, so far been working well with Windows 7.

Back