• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can I do to my case to make it look better? (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamiyanazz

Yeah, I was looking through the forum, now I want to make my case look pretty. Ideas anyone?!
computer1.jpg

computer4.jpg

computer6.jpg

computer7.jpg

I have already covered my drives and made them invisible. I plan on putting a 120mm fan on the side to create more airflow.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
ACK!

clean the wires, for gods sake...clean the wires up.

buy lots of heatshrink (the 3:1 kind) from www.cableorganizer.com

buy lots of flexo from them too, and use a lot of zip ties.

and buy shorter IDE cables, and buy a single channel IDE cable for the hard drive, and move it up.

move the inverter to below the hard drive (conceal it)

and what is the fan doing in your 5.25 bay?

TheFrag

Look at what everyone lse did and then dont do it. Originality is the best :)

DaveSauce

window etching and add some lights to the case. CCFLs, LEDs, etc on the inside.

If you don't want to etch, you can buy appliques that just stick on. I don't think they look as nice, but they are much easier to do. However, you will pay a bit more for a custom applique than a normal one....not much more, but that's good since there are only so many basic designs.

One more thing....wire management. You're going to want to clean up those wires. There are a few ways you can do that....the easiest is by getting wire loom at say radio shack or something.....wire loom comes in 2 ways. The first is basically a long ribbon that has been wrapped around to form a tube...which in my opinion is ugly, and the other is a long ribbed tube that has a slit in one side. I used the second for mine.

Another way to clean up your wires is with heatshrink. This is harder to use.....it requires that you take off the molex connectors, wrap the wire, and then take a hair dryer to it to shrink the tubing. It looks great if you do it right, but it does take a bit of work...

Trap03

Registered
The first thing I would do is get rid of that PowCrap power supply. I had one of those that came with a case and the voltage rails were all over the place. Add an Antec True Blue 480w and save yourself some future headaches:D

k3nshin

or he could get a cheaper and almost as good fortron powersource and save some money which he could use to get some wire cleaning parts.

and i can't tell but i thing you still have the stock fan grills on the exause fan? cut that out with a dremal or tin snips or something. and get some chrime wire finger guards or maybe some fan grills that have some neato symbol in them.

tom10167

As everyone said, wires, and here's a few more.

Do something with the PSU, first remove the stickers, then paint it, then get a tiny bit of plexi or even GLASS and put a window in it. LED fans in the PSU are super cool. Maybe a side fan on the window, helps with temps A TON and looks cool. Paint the cd-trays black, or some off-color that goes with the case, like red. Take the casing off the cd-roms and paint those as well, it would be sweet to see those in either black or red. Invest in a holesaw and put a blowhole in that sucker. A cool red graphic on the other side would look awesome, I'm not one of those "dragon guys" but a red dragon would look gorgeous on that case, can you paint/airbrush well? If not find a big sticker. Are your mounting racks for drives riveted in or just screwed? If you cant take them out do a nice black and red theme, that would add a nice touch. Move that PCI card to the bottom.

OP
Yamiyanazz

Yamiyanazz

yeah...it was a super cheap case... It was $35 with 400 watt PSU included (pictured). Oh well.... I'll make it look nicer. You told me to put a blowhole through that sucker...what do you mean? what is that and where should I put it?

OP
Yamiyanazz

Yamiyanazz

And where my fan in the back is placed, it still has the stock thing going on...looks like

OOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOO...etc

Should I cut that out? Would that create a better airflow?

OP
Yamiyanazz

Yamiyanazz

does anyone have any pictures on how I should properly cut it out so it still looks nice?

ZachM

Clean up the wires and it will look much better. Instead of spending a bunch of money on sleaving and stuff, just hide the wires. Take all of those fan molex plugs on top and connect them behind the other side panel taped to the back of your motherboard tray. Then curve those IDE cables around behind your drive bays and zip tie them there so they will stay. Basically do your best to tuck wires behind things where they can't be seen.

Fushyuguru

Clean up the wires (redundant).

Paint the interior?

Get rid of that stock looking window. Cut your own, etching is always nice also.

Cut out all fan grating.

Move the cdroms down one bay, stick all of your inverters/wires/ect up in the spare top bay.

Light up the front acrylic with some led's.

Cut a top window?

Cut a backside window?

Lower it and put some 20's on it.

OP
Yamiyanazz

Yamiyanazz

Fushyuguru said:
Clean up the wires (redundant).

Paint the interior?

Get rid of that stock looking window. Cut your own, etching is always nice also.

Cut out all fan grating.

Move the cdroms down one bay, stick all of your inverters/wires/ect up in the spare top bay.

Light up the front acrylic with some led's.

Cut a top window?

Cut a backside window?

Lower it and put some 20's on it.

what are 20s? lower what?

Bensa

Yamiyanazz said:

what are 20s? lower what?

Lol, hes talking about custom cars on that one. You know, like a lowrider car with 20 inch rims, get it?