• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can i sued to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I want to make a flash flie or a slid show.... Basicly I want it to consist of some pictures and some music from an mp3. Any idea's of what i can use to do this ?

baqai

if you are using flash

first edit the pictures you intend to you and decrease their file size

import them into flash

convert them into symbols

if you plan to make a cdrom / hdd based slideshow i will recomend that instead of importing mp3 you use "loadmovie" to load the music from a separate swf file

Depending on your type of slide show, you may want to cut the music to your needs, you can use Cool Edit or Sound Forge for that

subconcept

Swish is ok but its kind of cheesy if you want your effects to look original, if you just want some eyecandy for a presentation its not to bad but ive seen numerous websites use swish effects and they all look the same, and some use it to an extent that makes me want to cry :(

I would do what baqai suggested.

If your cpu is fast keep your pics high res if you need to run it off cdrom or hdd. If you making this for web, you should optimize your sound and image files taking into consideration quality vs file size.

subconcept

If your talking for a website, 3mb is way too big, Try to keep it under a meg let alone 500k. Or at least come up with someway of streaming it, I know its possible.

But if its for download, thats different, 3mb isnt too big.