• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can my 8500LE 128 do???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PigGuy

Ok, I have my Blue Orb, my kickass home-made ram sinks and its nice and happy/cool. So, I pushed it to 270/270, Ok its fine and dandy. I pushed it to 275/275 all well and good. I pushed it to 281/281 and its fine.

Time for the questions:

1. How high can it go? Is it capable of normal 8500 128MB speeds?

2. Is it worth setting the GPU higher than the RAM, or Vice-versa?

3. SharkyExtreme said their 8500LE came with 3.3ns RAM, why was I screwed over with the 3.6ns?

4. How does nVidia even sell their cards when ATI is always a step ahead and a buck behind?

8500 OC

1. Test it and find out. 275/275 is the normal speed. As for the retail version's overclocked speeds, I'd say probably so or pretty close.

2. yes. If you're interested in finding the limits of the card, definitely. 3dmark score will also improve.

3. Don't trust reviewers. Maybe some 8500's got made with 3.3ns memory, but I sure haven't been able to find a source for them. Most are 3.6ns, Oem's and Le's are sometimes worse.

4. haven't got a clue on that one, but Best Buy/CompUSA/ and other retail electronics stores have had a hard time keeping 8500's in stock cuz they sell them so fast. Best bang for your buck!

Last edited:
275/275 is the normal clock for the 8500 128MB but the 8500LE 128MB clocks normal at 250/250

Yes, and you asked if you could hit the normal (retail, non-LE) speeds. 275/275 certainly. You said you were able to get that already. 300/300 is where retail 8500's overclock too, sometimes more or less. I bet you can get it there.

Ok, it seemed fine with 283.5/283.5 but I only got to play for about 15 minutes because my sister started downloading loads of MP3s.

PigGuy said:

4. How does nVidia even sell their cards when ATI is always a step ahead and a buck behind?

sounds like one for the debates forum and the answer will be about the same as the AMD vs Intel debate :argue:

Re: Re: What can my 8500LE 128 do???

deez said:

sounds like one for the debates forum and the answer will be about the same as the AMD vs Intel debate :argue:

actually, i think nvidia can get off with a higher price tag because they have already made a name for themselves in terms of quality and support...as for a step behind, nvidia has the strongest and fastest video available right now...

Yeah, but taking into consideration the price, its pretty much an Intel 2.2gHz or something...

Back