• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What chair are you using with your PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Until now (pandemic times is when it started), I never really cared much about my PC chair. They were always good enough... or I was young enough not to care about the pain, lol.

So, today, I orded a Secretlab Titan Evo (large, with black cloth with memory foam armrests... ~$650). I've read a lot of reviews that said it's a comfortable chair, so here's to hoping. I probably shouldve went to microcenter or something to sit on one... but anyway, it's what I got on the way.... SHould be here by the end of next week...

chair.jpg

Whatchya' sitting on????

IKEA Markus, ~$150 inc 23% VAT. Just because I haven't seen anything as solid or comfortable for me at a similar price. I have the same at home and at work. Every gaming chair wasn't comfortable, was too small, or was overpriced. Every office chair had problems in ~1-2 years (various problems), so my boss bought the same chairs from IKEA for the office, and all is fine for ~5 years.

Herman Miller Aeron. Had it for years now, excellent chair.

Got it on craigslist for $250

IKEA Markus, ~$150 inc 23% VAT. Just because I haven't seen anything as solid or comfortable for me at a similar price. I have the same at home and at work. Every gaming chair wasn't comfortable, was too small, or was overpriced. Every office chair had problems in ~1-2 years (various problems), so my boss bought the same chairs from IKEA for the office, and all is fine for ~5 years.
I'm not a tiny dewd (6', 200lbs), so I went with the 'large' chair from Secretlab. It's made for people 5'11-6'4" and 175-395 lbs... Should be able to fit since I'm not shaped like Grimace (that purple blob with wide hips from McDonalds).

Ive never remotely paid this much for a chair... the ~$200 for the current one I have, I already had anxiety paying that much.... so this is......just out of character, lol. But, over time, I finally learned not to cheap out on my chair, especially since I WFH all the time.

I'm not a tiny dewd (6', 200lbs), so I went with the 'large' chair from Secretlab. It's made for people 5'11-6'4" and 175-395 lbs... Should be able to fit since I'm not shaped like Grimace (that purple blob with wide hips from McDonalds).
The same reason why I picked that IKEA chair. I don't really like their chairs, but this is one exception. This model should be available worldwide, but I know it's popular in Poland. My friend bought it too, after reading multiple comments that gaming chairs are meh and that people just buy Markus from IKEA (he told me that after I bought mine, I'm not really reading about what people think). Most other chairs were too small in general. I'm about 6'3" and ~250 lbs, and I had a hard time finding anything good. It's not perfect, but at this price, I'm satisfied.

Got a La-Z-Boy Executive office chair from Costco. Was around $250 2 1/2 years ago. Ok size for me, maybe a little too big (only 5' 8") but comfy.

Only got it because the office chair I got from Staples back in college was starting to fall apart. When I moved down here originally I figured it wasn't worth dragging along.

I got a secret lab titan as well. It's super heavy duty and ergonomically comfortable. I love it. At 5' 11" and 200-ish pounds it's plenty roomy.

Attachments

• 32396584-0AFE-4C1F-B743-CA225EF9B179.jpeg
    32396584-0AFE-4C1F-B743-CA225EF9B179.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 8
Had my old job order this for me about 2 years ago. Was about $150 at office depot. Holding up well, but starting to wear the mesh on the right back where it attaches to the frame due to how I sit in it while working. Probably needs some mild reinforcing stitches before it rips.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 122029.png

Right now I am using the couch in my rec room.. kb/m are on the coffee table, and I am viewing this page on a 50" LG that is about 8 feet from me.

During the pandemic I gave up my desk and chair so my boy could use it for home schooling.

Never got it back :D

Edit:

I do miss my chair. I don't know what kind it is, but I got it from staples in like 2004.. real leather, and still comfy :D

Last edited:
Should'a gone with this
OH
i found one of these at work in one of the rooms. i sat in it while i was getting something set up and i couldnt feel my legs after about 20 minutes...

anyway i got a JÄRVFJÄLLET from ikea before their prices went super nutty, plus the one i got was fabric instead of swampass inducing vinyl.
i stuck some marcus (i think) arms from the as is section on it after modifying their bolt pattern a little bit and its been one of the better chairs i've got.

i wouldnt pay the $370 the ones they have are now. i think i paid about $140 for mine and another $15 for the arms

oh and i'm 6'6" and need to lose some weight but it still does ok

Herman Miller Aeron. Had it for years now, excellent chair.

Got it on craigslist for $250
Same for me. Got mine "used" on Craigslist for $300, but it showed no wear, and tags were still attached.

Same for my wife's chair, just 8yr later than mine, got hers on FB Marketplace for $300 and it's got a special mesh color code 3D07. Who'd ever think this chair was built in 1998?!

fP7puZP.jpeg

Hermon Miller Aeron, I got it free because it was a prop that was left behind by the people who take all the fancy photos at my office 5 years ago after construction. It was sitting in a closet for a few years then I just asked the facility manager if I could have it. This one was still new with the tags.

I have a second Aeron as well, I got another one for free about 12-13 years ago when another office in the building was doing a remodel and they put their old chairs in the freight elavator area to be discarded. I noticed that chair had very little wear and was just missing a few screws, so I bought the screws and repaired it. I still use this chair on my other PC. I have replaced the seat on this one because I used it significantly more than the other one.

Back