• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What chipset rules? kt266a or amd761?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magnus

What chipset rules? kt266a or amd761?

basically im askin if the kr7a is better than the kg7?
got a crappy *** asus a7a266 that i would love to see take flight off my 15 floor bacony!

nicspits

I had a KG7 and now I have a KR7A-Raid. That would normally be enough said but I'm a big moulth so.... The 133 would be cool but I don't know of any CDRws or DVD players that are 133 capable. I suppose one use could be to hook up additional hard drives but 1 on each raid controller is good enough for most(raid 0 1 or 0+1 capable). This would save ya at least 10 bucks(perhaps upgrade the chipset cooler or get a better brand of ram). The AMD 761 chipset would not overlock over 145 for me with samsung ram, xp 1800, antec 403 power supply, and very cool temps(37c load).

That's my two cents, and you wont regret spendng the extra few bucks on the KR7A series

SpyderMatrix

I personally own a KG7 and i wanted a KR7 but i could not "afford" the few extra bucks but i got myself a stick of 256 Mb PC2400 OCZ Performance DDR and a T-Bird 1.1 ASHHA and i am doing really good and at least it beats the probs i was having before