• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What color lights should I use...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
I'm building a 12 x 10 x 6 LEXAN mini server but can't decide on what lighting scheme to go with.
The parts visible will be silver, the motherboard is green, and the naked PSU is an off-white color.

HELP, I'm feeling so un-opinionated lately...:eek:

The start of the whole dilemna is the fact that I want to use these as case feet and they come in blue, white, green, orange, AND red.

Iron Hawk

go with green or blue, that looks nice with a green mobo, the offwhite stuff will look blue or green under the respective light.

Oh, and thats a great idea for feet!

OP
Captain Slug

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
Crud... those indicator lights will take up too much space for me to use them in my case. But if someone else wants to do it go right ahead.

I've decided on either blue (with EL cables like below) or a cold cathod blacklight.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
color lights

My vote would also be for blue. And I'd add one or 2 really bright red LED's on the opposite side of the case from your cold cathode/EL wire. I've got a 10 candela led inside my PSU that really lights things up.

OP
Captain Slug

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
The lighted feet have termials that are rather long and would run into the hard drive, PSU, and PS/2 connectors. Instead I'm going to frost the bottom piece of lexan and embed several LEDs into it.

I can't afford 10 feet of EL cable in order to accomplish the frame effect so I'll be lighting the whole case with LEDs.