• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What color?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rack04

I will soon be receiving my new case. Any ideas on the spray paint color to match this case? I will be following the steps presented in the sticky for the drive plate painting.

shard

hmmmm.....

red maybe? or maybe Lime green? perhaps briliant yellow? dude black is great looking with black! lol, no, i think lime green would be realy cool. oh wait try neon blue, now that would stand out! hey, white would definatly make a statment!

Mark620

That color may be very hard to match. Stealth the drives using the stock covers. The color will match then.

OP
rack04

rack04

shard said:
hmmmm.....

red maybe? or maybe Lime green? perhaps briliant yellow? dude black is great looking with black! lol, no, i think lime green would be realy cool. oh wait try neon blue, now that would stand out! hey, white would definatly make a statment!

Dude, thanks for being such a smart ***!! What I meant was which black, i.e. glossy black, semi flat black, or ultra flat black. Check out this link.

matttaylor

The best thing to do, is to take a bay cover with you to the store when the case arrives and try to match up the colors there. No guessing involved.

OP
rack04

rack04

matttaylor said:
The best thing to do, is to take a bay cover with you to the store when the case arrives and try to match up the colors there. No guessing involved.

In a patient world that would work, but I am far from patient. I took a trip to the auto park store and bought Kylon Fusion Black #2421. Here is the link. I haven't received my case yet but I thought that since I will have time after work that I would just go ahead and paint my drives.

OP
rack04

rack04

Well after 3 coats and a night to dry I have the results that I wanted. I can't wait to get the case and see how well it matches. I hope that the other black drives that I ordered (Lite-On 16x DVD and Sony Floppy) match this one.