• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What could be causing high load temps at stock speeds???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its a 480 Watt Antec TrueBlue PSU...and which voltages are the rails?

If you go into your bios .(in mine its called PC health)look at your +12 volt +5 volt +3.3 volt Write them all down.It should show your CPU temp and fan rpm. system temp.ECT.The voltages need to be slightly higher than there designation.Like the +12 volt + 12.11 ..The prob is when they are under. +12 volt
11.98 ...THE FANMAN:cool:

Well, in the ASUS Windows utility thing this is what I have:

+12V = 11.916
+5V = 4.972
+3.3V = 3.32

Though they seem to fluctuate to the point where sometimes they are higher and sometimes lower, though it seems most of the time they are lower...

Thats what I thought.Your temps didn't seem that high to cause a prob.And I read above the other things you have changed out.I went and reread your thread start.I think I have help on the way.Hold tight. THE FANMAN:cool:

Oh man, if you can figure out whats going on you'll be my hero :D

Have you updated the bios to 1014? I think it sounds more like the voltage droop issue. Under heat your voltage rails will not carry their load as easily(higher impedence)on a board with droop issues. Thats why it takes a while to manifest and why the cool air helps with the correction. Even if that's not it 1014 helps resolve some of the droopy's so it won't hurt.

Here is the link to the N. American website.

Watch asus probe under load and the vcore values.

Its not really a droop issue, those are the voltages they are always at, idle or load...

And I did update it to 1014 already...

Wait, thats wierd, its still at 1012, I could have sworn I updated it to 1014...

When I try to update and it reboots, it tells me my CMOS is bad...

VCore is set to Auto in BIOS, it seems to run at 1.5 to 1.6 according to PC Probe...

what's vcore at in bios? I don't think it's heat due to "Thermal Throttleing". If it's a heat issue the P4 will just get reaaaal slooowwwww, and then shut down. If your vcore is set to auto in the bios try it at like 1.5875v. or 1.6v and run a stress test.

Hmm...I am pretty sure it said it was bad, I just had it set to defaults...

Yeah, everything is working fine, it just set my clock back two hours...I ahve Prime95 running right now...

Alright, time for bed, lets see how Prime95 does...thanks for the help :D

Back