• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what could i do to make it auto start..??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
btw, i knew how to merge the registry that u've made up. but how do i use the VBscript that u wrote?? sorry, i'm not too familiar w/ VB (no a programmer :p )

tks again for ur great help Bender!! i'll let u know how it going....

btw, which one do u suggest i use? r they do the same thing? mod./hack the registry?

Roger! will use the script first, if not working, then merge registry. ;)

<btw, what's ur email add., Bender?? from ur seti account. i have a little gift for u (if everything works fine) from my appreication!! guess u can tell what it is already huh? ;) >

Bender, when i run both the script or the reg., i got error.........???

for the Reg.: it said it's not a registry.....??

for the script: Line33, Unterminated string constant....??

any idea.............:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Very strange but I did make them both on Win XP. Do you have accses to another NT system you can export registry values from? Ask the admin about the registry being locked on those machines since I think thats what is causing your problems.

i got the same error on my home NT system too. but it doesn't have SETIHide in it tho. but same error message.....

could they lock the registry??? don't know if it's possible......

i've tried again, the VBscript still said have error in Line33 same as above.

however, the reg. could merge into one of my laptop that i'm using right now......

so, does that mean the registry in those machines is locked?? could we get any other way around this......?????? :rolleyes:

I'm not shure how to get around the locked registry since you have to edit a string in the registry to get it unlocked. What OS was the laptop? I assume the script and the .reg file will work on 95-XP but not NT. I'll give it a try on 98 but I don't have any NT machines.

I tried the script on 98 and I got the same error. Here is a reg file I made on a 98 machine. SetiHide Take 2

I think I found out whats wrong. XP uses regedit 5 and 98 uses regedit 4. The structure of the registry is the same but the file header is slightly different. The 98 reg file should work :p

that laptop that i've just tried is running Win2K. i could merge the reg. in this laptop, but still have error running the script tho......

in those machines, when i merge the reg. it said, setihide.reg is not a registry. you can only import registry into it.....something like that......

guess....we just couldn't get it autostart in boot up then...........(man, that's as much as 100+WU lost.....:mad: )

tks again for ur help.......even tho we have get it working yet......

i'll tried the new reg. again 2morrow morning. hope this will work....(crossing my fingers)

Back