FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

Another order for the 3d printed computer case build. Other stuff on order won't arrive until January so I won't post it.

neweggorder.jpg

Attachments

• neweggorder.jpg
    neweggorder.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 120

GamerDude

Not exactly today, I ordered an Omnidesk Pro 2020 a couple of weeks back, and had only gotten it delivered on Saturday (11th) and it took me about 2 hours to assemble it, only because I was alone and some parts (the legs) were pretty heavy and hard to get into place. Anyway, I'd assembled it and still in the process of tweaking my desk area, and cable management (a cable management add-on came with the desk, but I'd had to pay extra for the castors (good quality from what I've seen). Gonna swap out the TKL keyboard for a full size one since I've got plenty of space, mine's the smallest at 48" in length, but it's plenty big enough for me.
QubOWrn.jpg

I love that height adjustments is so easy, just a press of the up or down button on the controller on bottom left (just under the steering wheel). I can now raise the desk when I'm done so that I can slide most of my chair under the desk....

Attachments

• QubOWrn.jpg
    QubOWrn.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 110

notarat

I got a couple of these as well since my NAS has 2 U.2 slots

U22M2.jpg

Attachments

• U22M2.jpg
    U22M2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 82

notarat

So I got most of my parts in and I decided that I would shuck one of the SSDs for the hell of it because I have 2 spares...and I found out that my 500GB SSD is exactly the same size as a standard SO-DIMM, lol

SizeMatters.jpg

Gonna shuck another one and print tiny SSD shells for them to use in my 3D printed case/testbench

Attachments

• SizeMatters.jpg
    SizeMatters.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61

freakdiablo

So I got most of my parts in and I decided that I would shuck one of the SSDs for the hell of it because I have 2 spares...and I found out that my 500GB SSD is exactly the same size as a standard SO-DIMM, lol

View attachment 215150

Ok I'll admit. On mobile and saw just the picture, first though was, "they.... They make SATA connected RAM drives?"

notarat

Ok I'll admit. On mobile and saw just the picture, first though was, "they.... They make SATA connected RAM drives?"

No kidding! I'm going to integrate them into the printed case build by either printing new shells for them or by integrating the SATA/pwr and mount into the case itself (hard to explain without something to help people visualize what I mean...) Will probably mock up a draft to explain it better.

Edited to add mockup of case
CaseV2.jpg

Attachments

• CaseV2.jpg
    CaseV2.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 38

David

Forums Super Moderator

Managed to get a second P27u-10 off ebay for the study at home. One 27 in. screen wasn't quite cutting it :)

Still need to work out how I plan to mount the second one - either on a second bracket or I might get a dual screen bracket. May also end up turning one of them 90 deg. which will be handy for documents/command line work.

Just in time for marking 130+ exam scripts online ... also rumours of a two week 'stay-at-home' rule to try and halt Omicron (which is looking pretty nasty).

2021-12-19 07.16.13.jpg

Attachments

• 2021-12-19 07.16.13.jpg
    2021-12-19 07.16.13.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 24

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner

Managed to get a second P27u-10 off ebay for the study at home. One 27 in. screen wasn't quite cutting it :)

Still need to work out how I plan to mount the second one - either on a second bracket or I might get a dual screen bracket. May also end up turning one of them 90 deg. which will be handy for documents/command line work.

Just in time for marking 130+ exam scripts online ... also rumours of a two week 'stay-at-home' rule to try and halt Omicron (which is looking pretty nasty).

View attachment 215160
I highly recommend easymountlcd and doing a true dual monitor stand, otherwise you will most likely have alignment issues.

David

Forums Super Moderator

Cheers for the tip - currently working with on turned 90 degrees but I'll look into a dual mount.

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member

Got the 3060 a few days ago and the 3080Ti just a few minutes ago. Planning on stepping up the 3060 to a 3090.

Also, just found another 3080 FTW3 for a friend.

20211221_122944.jpg

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator

Christmas gift to myself. Schiit Asgard 3 headphone amp with the ES DAC option. Beast of an amp with the beans to drive my Sennheiser HD6XXs.

Attachments

• IMG_2272.JPEG
    IMG_2272.JPEG
    960.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2273.JPEG
    IMG_2273.JPEG
    902.1 KB · Views: 5

freakdiablo

Thanks to a cancelled holiday trip, I'm starting out 2022 with a three-quarters upgrade to my desktop, going to be carrying over the Seasonic and 2080 (grabbing a 3080 would've doubled my total...)

IMG_20220101_130304721.jpg

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go spend the rest of my refunded flight ticket on a stiff drink.

Since I'm last in the thread, UPDATE - I'm not a huge fan of Gigabyte right now. Got this thing half way up and running, and 1) it doesn't seem to wanna save the CMOS and 2) it seems to have a beta BIOS/UEFI...? Listed as F3, GB has F5 listed as the initial release, and QFlash doesn't want to recognize the newer files.

Gonna be a fun night.

Update #2 - And...got the UEFI updated, somehow. Not sure if it really did ship with a beta flash but it truly wasn't ready for release. Along with not saving UEFI settings-
-The 980 was showing up in the RAID menu but not the NVMe menu
-I have the two WD Blacks in here that would show up in the SATA menu but not the RAID menu
-I was going to toss on a copy of Windows to see if I could flash it through the Windows program and the installer only saw one of the WDs and the flash drive, etc.

Last edited:

freakdiablo

Going? Well it's in the case.

IMG_20220103_170318503.jpg

Haven't done much with the RGB config. Also have a few smaller parts on order and some minor cleanup when they get in so it's not fully "complete", but...yeah.

Edit: It's worth noting, and I already mentioned this in the cases subforum, but this is probably one of the easiest if not the easiest midtowers I've worked with. *Just* enough room to actually work.

Last edited:

dfonda

Senior Golfer

New Garmin S42 Golf GPS watch, unlike my old Garmin S10 it does fitness tracking , notifications and most of what my Fossil watch did. The Fossil couldn't do golf , the only thing I give up is Google Pay. Anyway had it out on the course last week and the battery is top notch. Played a round on friday and have not charged it since friday morn and it is still 59%. Should last a week even with 3 days of golf. (The GPS hits the battery hard , when out of GPS it is a miser)

PXL_20220103_004117510.jpg

notarat

I got my motherboard tray today (Technically, I printed it so I guess I could have posted a picture of a spool of PLA Filament)

I always liked how 3D Printers handle printing wedge-shaped items so I tilted up the model of the motherboard to see if I could get that "texture" on the tray. I really like how it turned out.

PXL_20220102_041855789.jpg