FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

New dual system PSU and case for my new build came in. It will have a mini itx (work) in the bottom and my normal atx system (play) in the top. Both will be cooled by the same loop. One I get it going more I'll start a separate thread.

PXL_20220109_142235174.jpg

PXL_20220112_180913629.jpg

freakdiablo

Behold, my stuff.

IMG_20220113_133805728.jpg

Been trickling in the past few days, hopefully the last few pieces to this upgrade thing for a while.

-3x 1700RPM NF-P12 reduxs plus shiny bits to replace the stock fans on the X73
-3x 1200RPM NF-S12B reduxs plus shiny bits to go in the bottom three 120mm fan slots of the case
-EVGA Powerlink to drop the 2080 8pin power connectors along the side of the card so the cables don't press on the side panel (and a couple extra filter caps should let me OC this to 3080 performance levels, right? RIGHT?!?)
-s1700 mounting bracket for the X73
-And I think I lost my Noctua thermal paste in the move - figured I go through so little thermal paste these days throwing an extra $6 on a tube isn't going to put me on the street :attn:

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer

Is that a broadwell chip? The redheaded stepchild of processors.
by intel i guess it is, since 2 or 3 sku's for retail. main reason for Z97 to be my new backup rig with no add in gpu, using the Iris 6200 IGP. will be more then plenty for steaming movies/shows and what not.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner

Behold, my stuff.

Been trickling in the past few days, hopefully the last few pieces to this upgrade thing for a while.

-3x 1700RPM NF-P12 reduxs plus shiny bits to replace the stock fans on the X73
-3x 1200RPM NF-S12B reduxs plus shiny bits to go in the bottom three 120mm fan slots of the case
-EVGA Powerlink to drop the 2080 8pin power connectors along the side of the card so the cables don't press on the side panel (and a couple extra filter caps should let me OC this to 3080 performance levels, right? RIGHT?!?)
-s1700 mounting bracket for the X73
-And I think I lost my Noctua thermal paste in the move - figured I go through so little thermal paste these days throwing an extra $6 on a tube isn't going to put me on the street :attn:

You had me at Noctua <3

freakdiablo

Minor haul this time.

New keyboard for the living room HTPC (thanks for the recommendation, Stompah.)

IMG_20220119_082324511.jpg

(Probably going to be the last thing I order online from BB - local pickups only from now on.)

And, I'm probably one of the few members on here that still uses optical media. Or PC users in general, as when I went looking at cases, there really weren't many with 5.25" bays.

IMG_20220119_195725302.jpg

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator

Hey Freak, I have that same optical bay for the same reasons. I need to rip CDs on occasion so I can put them on my NAS, or archiving old DVDs.

Attachments

• IMG_2583.jpeg
    IMG_2583.jpeg
    712 KB · Views: 8

GamerDude

Got some stuff delivered the past few days, I'd gotten a monitor mounted overhead lamp for those times I game without lights on, this should help with eye strain as it has white/warm/mixed light mode (using warm as my personal default). It's power via USB and I have it hooked up to a USB port on my monitor, I did have improvise a little to get it mounted on my monitor which has terribly thin bezel. Also in pic are the new PBT shine thru keycaps for my Ducky Shine 4 69 Fire Edition, and a new oversized mousepad (yes, RGB!) to protect my new desk.
a3NhEv7.jpg

A closer look at the keycaps, plus two extra artisan keycaps which will go to my other boards, using one of them as 'Esc' key on my keyboard.....the PBT Pudding keycaps do look good though.
orYiNKE.jpg

Still awaiting delivery of a couple of sets of XDA profile keycaps for my none backlit keyboards as well as two more artisan keycaps (one's with The Witcher icon, the other with Steam logo)....

Woomack

Benching Team Leader

I guess it can be adjusted so it won't be too bright. I have a HyperX keyboard (there was a similar Ducky keyboard too) and at max brightness, it's just annoying but there is no glare on the screen. I set it to blue/green backlight and the first level of brightness and it's fine.
Some years ago all were using standard keyboards without a backlight but now it's somehow hard to work on a standard keyboard. Recently no one even wants a laptop without a keyboard with a backlight.