• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GamerDude

That light doesn't put a glare on the top of the screen? Especially in the dark?
Nope, though I'd had to adjust the height of my monitor so that I don't see the underside of the lamp and its LEDs directly. Since my monitor has matt panel, I guess it helps in that the light from the lamp isn't reflected on it.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
I guess you are right ;) I just related that to the issue which my brother had - keyboard lights were reflecting in the monitor's glossy frame.
LOL! I haven't had that one, all my monitors are matte frames/screens.

DaveB

My i7-12700F arrived from Newegg today for a new build. Motherboard due in tomorrow from Amazon. Already sold my old 10th Gen setup along with an i7-10700KF I had been playing with so total build cost CPU + Motherboard = $0.00.

0122221557.jpg

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
It arrived. When the mobo arrives tomorrow I can start the final mockup on Case 2.0 (which I actually really like)
View attachment 215390

Probably my favorite AMD CPU. I just removed mine from my gaming PC and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it as I don't want to sell it. It's simply too good. 8 cores 4.6GHz at ~85W while gaming :)

notarat

Probably my favorite AMD CPU. I just removed mine from my gaming PC and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it as I don't want to sell it. It's simply too good. 8 cores 4.6GHz at ~85W while gaming :)
So... here's how my weekend was...

Lian Li system in my sig won't POST. Futzed with it until it did. Spent 30+hrs migrating data from it to my new NAS. Replaced the lian li with my 5950x system and started migrating data from the old NAS to the new one. 5 minutes into the process the new NAS emailed me to say drive 5 died.

Okay...hop on Amazon and get a new 18tb hdd. Arriving Wednesday...

Start working on the computer case design and realized my custom printer profile is on the now disassembled Lian Li...as well as the custom GCode scripts for the printer.

Make new GCode and profile for S3D and 5950x system powers off on its own.

It's doing that about every 5 minutes now. Break out the 5700g and my second Asrock B550 board to get SOMETHING built so I have a computer to use... motherboard heatsink mounts for the VRMs rattles and can't be tightened. Replacement motherboard arrives tomorrow.

Now I'm stuck using my phone until the replacement motherboard arrives tomorrow because the 5800x and my other B550 Asrock mobo are at work and I can't get them because the room is quarantined to be cleaned from ******* coworkers who refused to be vaccinated and are now positive and spread it to the office.

How was everyone else's weekend?

notarat

Replacement motherboard arrives today.

Replacement HDD arrives today, too.

Just waiting on them.

My 3d printer died today. Had to factory reset it.

Not sure what I did to piss off Nikola Tesla but he seems REALLY angry with me lately

notarat

Motherboard did not arrive. Received word from Amazon that it's delayed until tomorrow or possibly Friday. And then this happened with my other ASRock B550.

PXL_20220126_234727514.jpg

notarat

I often remove the USB 3.0 cable with the socket. One more failed design.
*shutters

It looks like the board is still good. Is that the end on the cable?
It's a USB3 90 degree connector. It ripped apart when I removed it. Bought it from a different supplier than I normally do...

Never had that happen in 2+ decades...

After that, I called it quits and tried making a bowl of soup. Tortellini and vegetables. Opened the jar, poured the soup, and discovered there were no tortellinis in it.

FMITA this has been a bad week

notarat

Amazing recovery this afternoon. Amazon sent email saying that the delivery was delayed then sent one saying it is out for delivery...

Replaced the HDD this morning and the RAID5 array just completed the rebuild.

Put the dead 18TB drive in a caddy and it works great... Evidently the NAS just hates that drive.

The dead 5950X is alive again. I must have jostled something loose because I reseated everything, loaded optimized defaults and it's usable again

DaveB

On Sunday the $26 ($99 minus $79 in credit card points plus tax) H610 motherboard for my i7-12700F came in from Amazon.

0127221632.jpg

Today my $477 Newegg Shuffle EVGA RTX 3060 XC Gaming GPU came in.

0127221631a.jpg

Last edited:

notarat

You're just having a rough few days, aren't you?

I'd stay indoors and avoid sharp objects for a while...
5950X is DEAD. No POST, no nothing. But I'm on my little 5700G and I'm really liking it so far...

I'll work on the 5950X when I get to it. It gathered dust from the time I built it until Tuesday so I'm not in a hurry...