• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why would you run this without water in the loop? Seems a bit risky, no?
Because I didn't order 2 missing fittings as I didn't know if straight or 45° will fit. I only wanted to check if the graphics card works as in the past I had problems with thermal pad thickness, pressure on some components, etc. So it was like run, ~5 minutes, and turn off. I wouldn't try that with 300W+ card ;)

It's safe enough to fire up to test for posting. They use very little power at idle. Plus the thermal mass of the block will absorb significant amounts of heat.

I do like how some of these makers are supplying waterblocks for midrange boards as there's usually little to no options for them. But once you add the cost of the block to the board, one may as well have upgraded to a more powerful card anyway.

It's safe enough to fire up to test for posting. They use very little power at idle. Plus the thermal mass of the block will absorb significant amounts of heat.

I do like how some of these makers are supplying waterblocks for midrange boards as there's usually little to no options for them. But once you add the cost of the block to the board, one may as well have upgraded to a more powerful card anyway.

Yes, it's just that I wanted that for some unexplained reason ;) Even if I took something stronger then in this PC it would have to run at a lowered power limit. On the other hand, the price that I paid for the card+block wouldn't be enough to get the RTX3060Ti (at least where it was available).

Edit:
Fittings arrived and it fits ... like a glove :p
1653385903076.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I need to tinker with my 2080Ti in the Ncase M1 some more. That booger makes the single 240mm radiator quite warm when loaded.

Two new things for me. First, a Gainward 6800GT AGP Golden Sample. Despite having a nice skived copper slug of a heatsink, the fans flank the sink giving rather poor airflow. One blade was bent and the shroud was dented in, but I fixed it. Swapped to my Zalman full copper cooler anyway. Glad I didn't recycle it yet.. Second, a Gransfors Bruk splitting maul. I needed a new axe, and wanted a really nice one for splitting logs. This fine instrument should last me a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_4435.jpeg
    IMG_4435.jpeg
    895 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4434.jpeg
    IMG_4434.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4432.jpeg
    IMG_4432.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 905C25AE-6D7F-4525-9E15-F3E9DCF9BC83.jpg
    905C25AE-6D7F-4525-9E15-F3E9DCF9BC83.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4459.jpeg
    IMG_4459.jpeg
    635.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 13B3E657-54E6-4614-AAEF-0ED9235B5E12.jpg
    13B3E657-54E6-4614-AAEF-0ED9235B5E12.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4458.jpeg
    IMG_4458.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Very nice maul there Voodoo. Mine is a cheap hardware store maul but does exactly what I need it to. What was funny was explaining to the misses why I wanted a maul and not an axe.

Thanks. I researched a little bit and discovered the different types of axes. My current one is falling apart and is more of a felling axe. Still works but a lot more work to split wood.

Sure, I could have gotten a nice Fiskars for a lot less $, but I like to get things that will last decades.

Nice old video card! I like playing around with the older hardware. I think I have the same Zalman cooler on my 6800 Ultra agp. :thup:

I think that all had these Zalmans on graphics cards in that time :p Back then it was great but also graphics cards had significantly less power. I think I still have one or two old cards with this cooler installed.

The graphics card block was added to the loop yesterday, so I will post some photos of the ITX PC in the case/modding section later today or tomorrow. So far it works good but the heat balance between the CPU and GPU is not how I expected it.

I got a new TV to replace my 15 year old 42" 1080p LCD. I bought a Samsung 50QN90A Neo QLED 50". Because of the thick bezel on the old 42 the new 50 is only 3 inches wider. Gotta love new tech. I also replaced my Denon 1080p 5.1 surround receiver because a couple of inputs had failed. I found a Sony 4k 5.2 receiver on sale - which is what started the process to begin with. Happy with it so far & I hope I get the same good service out of this TV.

Still working on the Mikrotik SFP+ Switch, steeper than i remember. Trying to boot into the non-router version of the firmware atm.

And another SFP+ Switch arrived today.

Attachments

• 20220614_114609-1-1-1.jpg
    20220614_114609-1-1-1.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220614_114618-1-1-1.jpg
    20220614_114618-1-1-1.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 4
Back