• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually got it a few days ago, but got the criterion collection copy of Stalker on Blu-ray.

It's a fun bit of "foreign" sci-fi. A Roadside Picnic is also a good read. I know this is boarding on political, but it gives a good view on the Russian/USSR mindset. Almost a "grimdark" view on the raygun sci-fi genre. Really a fun watch/read.

20240521_185943.jpg

10' 3.5mm male to male braided green audio cable
2 x 6' XLR Female to XLR Male light blue Extension Cables
2 x 3 meter USB 3.0 Type A male to Type A female grey "booster" cables
QI wireless USB Charging Pad

New toy! Finally something relevant.

IMG_20240521_192845379.jpg

IMG_20240521_193036144.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-21 20.51.09.png

Wasn't able to recover my last laptop, and made a conscious decision.

I don't game much at home these days and even less on the road. Like I might drop into FO3 for an hour here, Half Life for 20 minutes there. Stuff high end integrated graphics could laugh at.

When taking the discrete GPU out of the equation I realized I could build a fine little beasty for the same price as a midrange gaming laptop.

Jumped between laptops, even played around with the idea of an M3 Macbook Air. Decided to stick with x86 just for future flexibility.

Settled on an MSI C1MG-048US, had Xotic bump it to 64GB RAM, swap the stock drive with a 2TB 990 Pro, and drop in a second 500gb burner drive as mass media storage. Likely could have done it self but the 3 year onsite warranty from MSI was actually a big sell for me and I didn't want to give them an excuse to void it.

I wouldn't buy a Macbook even if I had the money. They made a lot of noise with M1 and M2 chips that felt like beta products ... then released M3 quickly, and there is an M4 already ... with info that they will replace it shortly to bump AI performance. It's like you spend a lot of money, and the disappointment and feeling of having "old" and overpriced stuff comes very quickly. This MSI seems like a much better idea nowadays. I was checking MSI some weeks ago, but I went with Dell as I couldn't skip a 50% price cut.

And today I got a banged up car.

Someone tried to make a hard left from the right lane, banged up both passenger side doors :cry:

Yay for dash cam though.

Just an update, was stressed TF out earlier - this was a hit and run. Immediately after the collision, I pulled off to the side. It was a median but there was a shoulder a good ~12ft wide. I left room for her to pull ahead of me, and...She continued to turn into the parking lot she was aiming for.

I figured "OK, parking lot is safer than the side of the road" and followed her in. Slowly made a few laps of the parking lot, passing large sections of empty spaces. Finally she pulled into one back away from the buidings - odd. I pulled into another space, leaving a one space gap.

I got out, looked over, and realized she was on her phone. "Ok, good, she's calling a cop". I step out, check the damage to my car -

IMG_20240523_100418810_HDR.png

I get back in, download the dashcam video to my phone - ALWAYS keep two sources of evidence, get my info out and - a door slams. *While I have my driver's door open*, she steps out, walks around her car (not acknowledging me, even though I'm within arm's length), grabs her backpack and walks inside.

I wait out by the cars for a good 10 minutes, nothing. So I get pictures of everything, make sure everything synced to "the cloud" and contact the local PD. Tell them I have pics and video evidence. Have a meeting with them tomorrow.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy a Macbook even if I had the money. They made a lot of noise with M1 and M2 chips that felt like beta products ... then released M3 quickly, and there is an M4 already ... with info that they will replace it shortly to bump AI performance. It's like you spend a lot of money, and the disappointment and feeling of having "old" and overpriced stuff comes very quickly. This MSI seems like a much better idea nowadays. I was checking MSI some weeks ago, but I went with Dell as I couldn't skip a 50% price cut.
Mac or anything apple=:poop:
Post magically merged:

And today I got a banged up car.

Someone tried to make a hard left from the right lane, banged up both passenger side doors :cry:

Yay for dash cam though.

Just an update, was stressed TF out earlier - this was a hit and run. Immediately after the collision, I pulled off to the side. It was a median but there was a shoulder a good ~12ft wide. I left room for her to pull ahead of me, and...She continued to turn into the parking lot she was aiming for.

I figured "OK, parking lot is safer than the side of the road" and followed her in. Slowly made a few laps of the parking lot, passing large sections of empty spaces. Finally she pulled into one back away from the buidings - odd. I pulled into another space, leaving a one space gap.

I got out, looked over, and realized she was on her phone. "Ok, good, she's calling a cop". I step out, check the damage to my car -

View attachment 366865

I get back in, download the dashcam video to my phone - ALWAYS keep two sources of evidence, get my info out and - a door slams. *While I have my driver's door open*, she steps out, walks around her car (not acknowledging me, even though I'm within arm's length), grabs her backpack and walks inside.

I wait out by the cars for a good 10 minutes, nothing. So I get pictures of everything, make sure everything synced to "the cloud" and contact the local PD. Tell them I have pics and video evidence. Have a meeting with them tomorrow.
I hope you get her people like that nothing but:poop:

Back