• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What did you think of the story in Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I just picked this game up a few weeks ago and finally beat it just last night. I thought that the story was pretty cool, although I do have to admit that it was a pretty far fetched story and I was a bit confused at times. As far as a keeping me interested, it passed that test with flying colors. I think that I enjoyed MP 2 even more than I did #1. I am not always a big fan of FPS games, but this one kicks some serious azz and I am hoping that that Remedy can follow it up again with another worthwhile game.

Zim2411

MP 2 was freaking awesome. I agree about the far-fetched story, but overall it was good. Great graphics, gameplay, and sound = awesome game. The story isn't a huge factor, just as long as the game is fun, and not repetive. I hope as well they make Max Payne 3.

tylerhskate

I got stuck on one of the parts and i almost had it beat so i uninstalled it, too bad im impatient lol :O - pretty cool game overall though

Needitcooler

I was impressed with the gameplay, but the story was just so-so. I am not much of a fan of film noir. Too much drama.

dreammmatt

I loved the game - i love film noire - It was WAY TOO SHORT tho... It seemed like they almost 'wrapped it up' towards the end too fast - I think it coulda been extended without too much difficulty.

OP
TUK101

TUK101

tylerhskate said:
I got stuck on one of the parts and i almost had it beat so i uninstalled it, too bad im impatient lol :O - pretty cool game overall though
LOL, did you get stuck towards the end when the bombs where on a timer and you had to figure out a way to keep from getting blowed up? That one took me about 8-10 restarts to figure out to jump into the subway car, (WTF was a subway car doing in the basement of A. Woodens house anyways)? I guess that I have to say that I enjoy film noire, at least in Max Payne games lol. Too bad that Mona Sax kicked the bucket, does she resemble Demi Moore :drool: to anybody else, or is it just me?

Ian Cody

I dont think that was a subway car, it was a panic room. at least im pretty sure...

I did like the gameplay alot, story was okay, but a little on the short side. I do really like the dead man walking game option though. Lotsa fun seeing how long you can last, or finding a good spot to camp to make it easy :p

Panzerknacker

Disabled
The story was good but not better than MP1's story. And TUK101, try finishing the game on Dead on Arrival to see what really happened to Mona.

OP
TUK101

TUK101

Panzerknacker said:
The story was good but not better than MP1's story. And TUK101, try finishing the game on Dead on Arrival to see what really happened to Mona.
I will have to try that. That "panic room" sure did look an aweful lot like a subway car though lol.