• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do I need to do to reach ~2GHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evc

Registered
Ive got a 2000+, runs 200FSB without a problem at 9x200, 9.5x200 also works.. but when running PCMark 2002 it locks up in the first few tests. Was running at 1.85V, tried 1.9V, didnt do much of a difference.

Its an AGOIA0217 Palomino

Ive got a Volcano9 HSF and right now its only 38C after playing UT for an hour or so.

qwerty57

BANNED TROLL-Silversinksam
you have one of the best agoia's around. does it say 41f underneth the "A" in agoia? Its your volcano( 9 just because your temp's are low doesn't mean crap. Its a;l; about the thermal resistance of the heatsink. I went from a V9 to a slk-800 and my max overclock went from 1875mhz at 2v V9 49c temp's to 2004mhz at 2v 48c temp's slk-800.... so get a new heatsink trust me.

OP
Evc

Evc

Registered
The thing is, I just got this HSF, a few weeks ago. Which was an upgrade from a Gladiator Turbo (was designed for T-Birds) which was loud as hell.

I dont remember the #'s under AGOIA, I have them written down somewhere, if I find it I'll post it (I dont feel like tearing my PC apart again and getting that HSF off)