• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do I need to do to reach ~2GHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evc

Registered
Ive got a 2000+, runs 200FSB without a problem at 9x200, 9.5x200 also works.. but when running PCMark 2002 it locks up in the first few tests. Was running at 1.85V, tried 1.9V, didnt do much of a difference.

Its an AGOIA0217 Palomino

Ive got a Volcano9 HSF and right now its only 38C after playing UT for an hour or so.

you have one of the best agoia's around. does it say 41f underneth the "A" in agoia? Its your volcano( 9 just because your temp's are low doesn't mean crap. Its a;l; about the thermal resistance of the heatsink. I went from a V9 to a slk-800 and my max overclock went from 1875mhz at 2v V9 49c temp's to 2004mhz at 2v 48c temp's slk-800.... so get a new heatsink trust me.

The thing is, I just got this HSF, a few weeks ago. Which was an upgrade from a Gladiator Turbo (was designed for T-Birds) which was loud as hell.

I dont remember the #'s under AGOIA, I have them written down somewhere, if I find it I'll post it (I dont feel like tearing my PC apart again and getting that HSF off)

Back