• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do u think about it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andreas1327

Well I finally assembled my new Rig!!!! (see sig..)
Need your opinion....
My goal is 3.0 GHz and the best for X850 pro.
At super PI 1M I have 31.5 sec and At 3dmark05 6355...
idle temps at 30 C and load at 36 C ...

Attention :attn:

i woulda went with an opteron 146/148 or a dual core opteron since they will outperform the 3700+

the Geil One memory is a great choice :D you can tell if you look at my sig

6800GS woulda been a better and cheaper choice than the X850 Pro, and from the benchies works great.

WARNING: YOU BETTER UPGRADE YOUR PSU TO A 480W or MORE 24PIN PSU. I RECOMMEND THAT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING TO THAT RIG, YOUR CURRENT PSU ISNT ANYWHERE NEAR ENOUGH POWER, AND DFI RECOMMENDS 480w Minimum WITH NATIVE 24PIN.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showpost.php?p=1721731&postcount=401

please, dear god upgrade that psu before you damage your pc.

OP
Andreas1327

Andreas1327

I would go with an opteron if I could find one...
As for the X850pro I bought it 150 euros brand new.... don't ask how... and it outperforms a single 6800gs..
The PSU is really powerful...
see it's specs..
3.3V @ 30A
5V @ 40A
12V @ 27A

Max wattage @ 500W
And it's 24 pin...

OP
Andreas1327

Andreas1327

And I can see in your rig thatbe you have an ocz psu and you're gonna buy powerstream.
Check that twice because the 600w powerstream turned off in every test at tomshardware a month or two ago... and here in the greek edition of pc world my psu came first in performance (max 450W test) and ocz, tagan, heroichi and others followed ..

and the address... http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/11/stress_test/

Last edited:
Andreas1327 said:
And I can see in your rig thatbe you have an ocz psu and you're gonna buy powerstream.
Check that twice because the 600w powerstream turned off in every test at tomshardware a month or two ago... and here in the greek edition of pc world my psu came first in performance (max 450W test) and ocz, tagan, heroichi and others followed ..

and the address... http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/11/stress_test/

actually that was before i changed my mind, and noone said aynthing about the 600w anyways.....

Do what you think, but when you computer is crappin out because you didnt follow recomendations, its not my fault. maybe you should go into the dfi-street forums and see what they think. :rolleyes:

darksparkz

Andreas1327 said:
I would go with an opteron if I could find one...
As for the X850pro I bought it 150 euros brand new.... don't ask how... and it outperforms a single 6800gs..
The PSU is really powerful...
see it's specs..
3.3V @ 30A
5V @ 40A
12V @ 27A

Max wattage @ 500W
And it's 24 pin...

Those are great rails for your PSU, the wattage should be plenty too. 12A on the 12V is fine for your video card and everything else. The only thing I see wrong with that, is I haven't heard of that brand, and while your PSU is a GREAT one, OCZ is more popular, so obviously the brand-name PSU would be mostly recommended.

I think it's quite hard to hit 3.0ghz for your 3700+, your cooling seems fine, 36C load on air is great. Might want to loosen timings to get better speeds, that 1.5 can be changed to 2.

OP
Andreas1327

Andreas1327

I know it's not a popular name and I wouldn't trust it either but I've seen it working with different rigs and it worked perfectly.. so I trusted it.And there are many non popular products that outperform others that are known...It also has 3 years warranty...
And my load temps after 6 hours priming are between 36-38 C.When I'll have time I'll try 2.9 and 3.0 GHz ... And yes i'll try to play with mem also.... hehe