• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do yall think of the Asus P4c 800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creeping V

Registered
IM thinking of getting this mother board i was thinking if it was a good motherboard. I dont know that much computers, but the way im gonna upgrade is that instead of me building a computer every year or couple years. Im gonna upgrade a new peice of my comp to a real nice peice, but not every peice of my computers. Do yall think this is a good idea?? because i have a constant flow of about 400 dollars to spend on my comp about evey month, but i dont think i need to spend the whole 400 every month.

well right now im runing on a 2.0 ghz p4, but since im getting this mother board the front side bus will only be 400, and later if i upgrade it to a 3.0 i can get the front side bus up to 800 mhz.
this motherboard is compatble with a front side bus of 400/533/or 800. So im thinking i will keep the processor i got until about july or august and maybe jump up toa 2.8 or a 3.0. Im prob going to install a Geforce FX 5900 ultra. TEll me what yall think of this plan because i know yall are computer Gurus, and im a n00b....:rolleyes:

ninthebin

I would recommend getting a 9800pro over the 5900 ultra, I have seen others that would say otherwise, but from the reviews I have read I am adament that the 9800pro is indeed holding the edge over it due to its better IQ. Not sure on the price, but wouldnt be suprised if 5900 ultra costs a fair bit more as well.

other than that sounds like a good plan, I have seen teh P4C800 used in a few benchmarks, in particular the latest 5900 ultra's...I would personally go with it. Here is a review if your still undecided.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1814