• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Do You Guys Think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-O_S-H

I need a new monitor to go with my new i7 bulid (when it's finally done)

I was looking at this ::

Code:
[url]http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/12927921/Acer-S243HLBMII-24-Widescreen-LED-LCD-Monitor-With-HDMI/Product.html?&_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:12927921|cat:Computers[/url]

I'n not usually a big fan of ACER but htis one looks impressive both asthetically and in terms of specs.

What do you guys think?

I need a new monitor to go with my new i7 bulid (when it's finally done)

I was looking at this ::

Code:
[url]http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/12927921/Acer-S243HLBMII-24-Widescreen-LED-LCD-Monitor-With-HDMI/Product.html?&_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:12927921|cat:Computers[/url]

I'n not usually a big fan of ACER but htis one looks impressive both asthetically and in terms of specs.

What do you guys think?

LED TN with NO DVI...
Blarg...

TN panels should be illegal.

Last edited:
LED TN with NO DVI...
Blarg...

TN panels should be illegal.

First off... thank you for taking the time to respond.

I'm don't NEED DVI... My GPU has HDMI port but it may be nice to have I suppose

What exactly do you mean about TN panels?

I want a 24" monitor for gaming with HDMI, 2ms response time and a good contrast ratio but don't want to spend stupid money on it.

EDIT :: I did a bit of research and people reccommend IPS monitors... but they are expensive. I don't mind having a TN monitor... I have one now and it's fine excepti it's small and only has VGA... that's why I want a new one.

Bigger screen, Higher res, HDMI or DVI, higer contast ratio. I also like the idea of having speakers built in... that's why that ACER monitor seemed perfect.

Last edited:
i cant say anything for the monitor but i can tell you that monitor speakers suck. your better off buying speakers at the dollar store than basing your monitor buying decision on whether or not the monitor has speakers or not.

This doesnt seem to be a typical TN though, its LED based with 8,000,000:1 contrast. Might be just me, but wouldnt this be better than your standard TN, especially concerning color reproduction, color depth, etc.

This doesnt seem to be a typical TN though, its LED based with 8,000,000:1 contrast. Might be just me, but wouldnt this be better than your standard TN, especially concerning color reproduction, color depth, etc.

Yeah... I would have thought it was good even if it is a TN.

The benefits of TN AFAIK are btter viewing angeles (i sit directly in front so not an issue) and better colors. The monitor I have now has adequate color for me so this one is likely to be even better. Although not an inportant factor for most i like the design and I like the fact it has HDMI and speakers. All the other types ive seen have 6ms+ (up to 16ms) response time too whereas this has 2ms.

I won't be buying a monitor for around 3 weeks or so, so I have a bit of time.

The only good spec'd IPS monitors I have been able to find cost twice as much as this and I personally do not think I will gain enough benefits to warrant doubling my expenditure since I still have to buy a mouse, keyboard and finish my water cooling loop. I'm not rich so I can't just drop £4-500 on a monitor. I'm a student after all.

you'll be fine with a TN i have heard the color quality is amazing on the ips panels and i dont doubt it but if your ok with what you have had im sure this monitor will be a step up from what you had.

Back