• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think i should go for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude2

Hey,

I have been looking at new RAM.

I have seen a couple of peices which i think are quite good value, however i would like a 2nd opinion:

Crucial PC2700 512mb DDR 184pin DIMM
Our Price £44.87
£52.73 inc VAT

Samsung 512mb PC3200 400MHz DDR Original
£59.64
£70.08 inc VAT

the site i saw them at is www.ebuyer.com

u could see if ive missed n e thing.

cheers

jonny

It depends on what you intend to do with the ram. If serious overclocking is the intent, neither one is much account. The Samsung is definately the better of the two, but that isn't saying much in this case. Anything with Winbond chips will seriously outperform either.

pssst... Winbond chips are as cheap as any made, and as good as any made. Corsair has used this fact to make a ridiculous amount of money in the last year. Those willing to find reasonably priced modules bearing the same chips can have their cake and eat it too.

so whats all this winbond stuff?

can anyone direct me to some ram they reccomend on a uk site,

e,g,

dabs.com
watford.co.uk
ebuyer.com

etc

thanks

jonny

Just to say, i have gone for 2 sticks of 256mb pc3200 samsung ddr ram

unless your chipset is a KT400 or nforce2....or if you plan on buying one of those in the near future get the PC2700.

I have some Crucial RAM right now. It overclocks very well for being only 2100. So I would recomend Crucial. Quality at a good price.

Thank You,
Daniel

I have some Crucial RAM right now. It overclocks very well for being only 2100. So I would recomend Crucial. Quality at a good price.

Thank You,
Daniel

Back