• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you use to overclock your 9800 pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

Ive always been an nvidia man i guess.. first vidcard was a gf2mx, then a ti4600, now though i got a 9800 pro, and im wondering what app is best to oc it? With the nvidia cards i could always do it in the drivers but the ATI drivers dont have the option. I tried rage3d but i dont really like it.. is there any other app? Also can someone explain to me what omega drivers are and the difference between omega and catalyst?

Evnas

The difference between Omega Drivers and Catalyst is just the default settings. ATi's drivers come with a very lenient settings, while the Omegas come pre-tweaked for better image quality (stuff you can do anyways). The real shining star of the Omega's is they offer a nice little bit of software with em to further tweak your card (such as an overclocking utility)

OP
Spanko

Spanko

ohhhh perfect, thanks for info im gonna download them not read any anything and hose my system brb..

OP
Spanko

Spanko

k i got and installed the drivers, but where do i overclock with them? It installed this Prof3d crap, it has a clock slider, but i raised my speeds, and i dont think it applies.. i click set, and resets the speeds to default, and if i click reset, its set my speeds really low... (insert lots of confused smilies here)

jmcmike

Registered
I stick with Powerstrip. Bought it a long time ago and it has been worth every penny. No matter what video card upgrade I go through it's ready to lock my refresh rates and overclock my cards.

Jibby

Use the radclocker to overclock that comes with the omega drivers then use the artifact tester to test for artifacts. its a really helpful tool.

OP
Spanko

Spanko

i downloaded the newest omegas, and i cant find anything called radclocker, got a link?

Skydiver39

Hmm, Maybe you should read the install and not be so fast to say yes to opr no to everything. It is a self installer and part of the package of Omega drviers. You can reinstall it and this time read as it asks questions. You will see it helps you alot. If your gonna OC then you better be patient, if not, juyst buy you a video card and be content wiht what you have.