• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Do You Use....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sammy5gs

Hey All..

Just curious, what do you guys use to play your PC Games? Keyboard/Mouse Combo, Gamepad, Joysticks?

The reason I ask is that I play a lot of RPS, Sports, FPS, and Open-Ended games like GTAIII, and wanted to know what hardware you guys are using that have found to be the most efficient/comfortable, etc.

Krieger

keyboard and mouse... I'm looking at getting a gamepad for a few console ports I have.

Another related question would be how do you configure your keys? What keys do what for the most part... for me Mouse 1 fires. I used to have a boss who used mouse 1 for jumping, and my brother uses it for moving forward.

OP
sammy5gs

sammy5gs

I have a MS Intelli Explorer (wireless). Even though the 2.4Ghz signal gets shady sometimes when I place the receiver near the monitor, it has the ability two extra thumb buttons that I can program.

The way I have it is that #1 Fires/Action, #2 Switches Weapons/etc, #3 (scroll button) Run/Walk toggle, #4 (thumb #1) enters, and #5 is not programmed yet.

But I find myself have one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse and get a combo of moves occurring simultaneously.

GT2000

Just your standard keyboard&mouse, though I've wanted to get a joystick and or gamepad for quite some time now, so I can enjoy flight sims/racing games.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I only play CS. so I just use a mus, kyboard and head phones, I was thinking of getting a mic cuz i'd be able to play better & help my team out more with one.

hawk072

Registered
I use a Logitech MX300 mouse and Logitech cordless elite keyboard for FPS games like BF1942.

I use a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick for Forgotten Battles and for flying in BF1942.

The absolute best game controller I have is my Logitech Momo Force that I use for racing sims. Mostly just for Nascar 2003.

I also have a gamepad for games like Tony Hawk, and sports games.

Amino

The trusty keyboard and mouse combo has been all I've needed for the majority of the games I've been playig for the past few months. However, I have a flight stick and a gamepad, just in case I decide to pick up a flight fame or sports game.

Ever play Crimson Skies? That game ROCKED with a flight stick. Anyone who has EVER liked a flight sim will love this one! You can even make your own planes!

KILLorBE

Keyboard and mouse for FPS and such, Joystick for Racing.

I bought a M$ joypad a long time ago but I rarely use it, the only joypad I use is on my PS1.

john240sx

Memorex keyboard
Logitech Mouseman optical mouse

Saitek X36/35 flight controller.
MS Sidewinder wheel (not Force Feedback)
Playstation 2 & N64 controller (using a PSX/PS2/N64 to USB adapter)

i haven't used my flight controller in a few months, the suction pad things don't stick to my desk too good so it's hard to use (IL2 Sturmovik).

my steering wheel is always hooked up, i use it a few times every week (MS rallisport challenge, F1 2002 and rally trophy).

the PS2 controller i use a lot. it works great in Vice City for flying the helicopter and dodo.

eab

mouse and keyboard, but if I play gta 3 or something like that I use my extra big genaric ps2 conroler along with a usb adapter.
for me mouse 1 is shoot and mouse 2 is fire, 3 scrool, 4 alt fire.

CSaddict

Logitech Elite keyboard and Logitech MX500 mouse. Love them both. Sidewinder game pad, Logitech Wingman 3D force feedback joystick and Logitech Wingman Formula GP Wheel and pedals. Guess i love my Logitech stuff.:D

baqai

for fps i use keyboard and mouse, i do have Saitek X36F HOTAS just to play flight sims and microsoft sidewinder pro to play games as gta3

Lusankya

Logitech Dual Optical mouse
standard keyboard
Saitek Cyborg Gold Joystick
MS Strategic Commander

The commander works for RTS games mainly but cna be remapped for FPS games. Lots of extra hotkeys :) Its like having a second joystick hooked up

Krieger

john240sx, how well do those PS2 to USB converters work, and where did you get it... I've been thinking about getting one for a while now... I just can't find anyplace that has them...

OP
sammy5gs

sammy5gs

Krieger said:
john240sx, how well do those PS2 to USB converters work, and where did you get it... I've been thinking about getting one for a while now... I just can't find anyplace that has them...

Krieger... You can get them online. Just go to google and do a search for PS2 Dual Shock USB Adapter.

Later.

And from what I have heard, they work wonderfully.

john240sx

Krieger said:

the one i have works very well for both PSX and N64 controllers. PS2 controllers are supposed to work with the analog buttons but i haven't messed with that too much yet. i got it from www.lik-sang.com they are located in hong kong but shipping wasn't that expensive (like $6 i belive) and took about 10 days to get to my house.

this is the model i got
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=55&products_id=93&

i've considered buying 10 of these and selling them to friends and stuff but i don't have the money to do that. (buying 10 lets you get over 50% off)