• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what ever happened to the "page not found" errors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
the internet has basically turned to crap to me. i know it's not something that happens all the time, but when i type in a website that isn't correct, maybe 1 out of 20 times you will get a page not found error. the other 19 times you will get a sleazy marketing website that pops up like your.com or some junk. this even happens when a known registered domain name is typed in. i tried to go to www.zirc.org today and it popped up your.com. i sure as hell know that zirg.org is registered... can't that be some sort of invasion from your.com? i just miss the old days of getting "page not found" errors... i just hate the fact that some *** is making money off of page not found errors... :mad:

maybe i am just too picky or something, but i just find it lame, what they are doing...