• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What games would you recomend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metallica God

well I am finally getting my new computer tommorow
P4 1,7 GHz
Asus P4S Sis 645 333 DDR
512 DDR Ram PC 2700
Radeon 8500 64 MB DDR
etc

and putting my old P 233(the one I am using at the moment) in the closet

now since the computer I am using right now is really bad I don't have any of the new games so what games would you recomend that I should get?

Disco..Rules!

Registered
tough question

Thats a tough question.. what games have you seen that you like?

How much money have you got to spend... there are so many games out there that everyone will tell you to buy, but don't do that. look around first, see what interests you, get some feedback, and then decide. save you time, and you money:)

for first-person-shooter games look at

1.Counter-strike (CS) any version
2. Return to castle wolfstein

those two in MY opinion are great, although you may think differently look around :)

(my all time fave is ARCANUM: Of steamworks and magick obscura even though it got so-so reviews)

craigiz1

I really like 'System Shock 2'. It's been out for a few years, so you can pick one up fairly in-expensive. I think it's a great game. If you look into it or get it, you will understand my Avitar. I also play 'Alice'. (American McGee's) It's a demented version of 'Alice In Wonderland'. This has been out a few years too.
The newest games on the market are going to cost more. Look into some gaming sites and see what you like. Most all games have a demo version that you can download and try.
Have fun!
:D
PS: you are going to see a MAJOR graphic's improvement compaired to what your useing now!

CreePinG_DeatH

Metallica God- Excellent name... everyone should pay homage lol. A good game that I find myself with is Quake 3 arena. It should be fairly inexpensive now, and it has a LOT of great Mods for it. If you don't know, a Mod is like a whole new game within itself... and they're free. My favorite mods for Q3 are Quake 3 Fortress and Urban Terror. You can check out more Mods if you go to www.fileplanet.com and look under action games. Find Q3arena and then look for Mods. THere are a bunch. That will get you started.

solidsnakexix

Recent games of note would be command and conquer renagade, jedi knight2, system shock to is a good older game as previously noted. diablo 2 and the xpack, starcraft, unreal tournament. What type of games do you enjoy specifically.

-solidsnakexix

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
medal of honor allied assult, jedi knight 2, return to castle wolfenstein, freedom force, ghost recon

Last edited:

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN!

Everything else is chaff in comparison.

Welcome to the forums!

Cooler666

Disabled
donny_paycheck said:
RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN!

Everything else is chaff in comparison.

Welcome to the forums!

you're right RTCW is a great game, the graphics in medal of honour are absolutely amazing but the game is no fan

h20link

yeah, pick up half life, just for the mods.

Right now i'm playing Frontline Force, Day of Defeat, and Counterstrike, all free mods if you own HL.

I also recommend Ghost Recon and the expansion pack Desert Seige.

I picked up EA's FIFA 2001 at some store for eight bucks, It's a great soccer game with good graphics for a good price. If you like that sort of stuff it's definetely worth it.