• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to D-Tek Customs support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
I have a D-Tek Fuzion CPU block, which was missing a spring. I checked out the website, and sent an email asking if I was able to get a new set of springs for it a week and a half ago. I still have not received a response, not even something automated. I did find a new set of springs in the classies, so it's not important that I hear back from them on the issue. It just aggravates me to send an email and not get a response. Has anybody else tried contacting them and not gotten a response back?

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
I had a problem with emails to them too and this is going back years during the socket A days. I would shoot off emails requesting replacement parts and got no replies.

Have you tried calling them instead? You might get a better/faster response.

DtekCustoms
39252 Winchester Rd. #107-288
Murrieta, CA 92563
951-541-9672

OP
deadlysyn

deadlysyn

I haven't had much of a chance to try calling them. I will be giving them a call in the next day or so, as soon as I have a chance. I am a little worried that I will be telling them that because they couldn't take the time to respond, that my next block will be coming from Swiftech or HK.:p I wasn't expecting the springs for free by any means. I am getting the impression that the lifetime warranty only applies if you can get them to respond to your inquiry.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
I know whatcha mean. Depressing when a company doesn't reply to emails in a timely manner :rain:

I'm surprised they stayed in business at all with their lack of communications.

[email protected]

Inactive Moderator
D-Tek Customer support is crap. You're wasting your time.
I just looked at my history of emailing them, and here are the dates I emailed them and never got a response back.
08/27/09
09/04/09

They suck, plain and simple. Communication is the #1 thing I look forward to (and up to) when it comes to a trade or sale, probably the most important thing above all. D-Tek not only lacks at it, but it's NON-EXISTENT!!

Why have an email address that doesn't even work? How is D-Tek make such great products and prosper with crappy customer service, or rather (yes I'll say it again) NON-EXISTENT customer service.

I will never buy their products again. I didn't sell that D-Tek block to you, Jeremiah, purposely... I just wanted nothing to do with them. I emailed them b/c I thought I lost my AM3 hardware for the fuzion block, but I luckily ended up finding it.

Swiftech wins in my book. They have awesome customer support and they ship out their hardware free of charge for the most part. I've heard good things about EK too, but D-Tek I probably won't buy from again. Not that this is the case now, but if this ever were the case: If I could buy a Swiftech or another reputable company's product for $5-10 more and have a CPU/GPU 1-3 degrees hotter (it really is pretty close when they all compete), I'd choose them over giving D-Tek any business.

What a shame for a company.

P.S. Do you want me to change the title to "customer" support instead of customs?

OP
deadlysyn

deadlysyn

P.S. Do you want me to change the title to "customer" support instead of customs?

Well the company name is D-Tek Customs. But maybe a title change would be more effective.

I knew the block was missing a spring when I bought it from you, as I have said before. It's just the fact that they can't take one minute to even reply to the email to tell me to shove off or whatever. I agree that communication is key in any company. The reason I chose that block over the Swiftech, was because I have read in numerous places that it was a great block. Had I known that D-Tek's customer support was non-existant, I would have opted for the Swifty you had up. Like I said last night, it's a good thing it wasn't something like a cracked top on the block. Because of their lack of communication, I will be looking to Swiftech, EK, or HeatKiller when it is time for a new block.

OP
deadlysyn

deadlysyn

Just a quick update, I have tried calling them several times over the course of this week, including twice today, and have not gotten an answer once. This is very irritating, to the point that I have decided that my next block will be a Swiftech. Just a fair warning to anyone out there with D-Tek parts, don't expect any kind of response if something goes wrong, or you lose some parts.

[email protected]

Inactive Moderator
Just a quick update, I have tried calling them several times over the course of this week, including twice today, and have not gotten an answer once. This is very irritating, to the point that I have decided that my next block will be a Swiftech. Just a fair warning to anyone out there with D-Tek parts, don't expect any kind of response if something goes wrong, or you lose some parts.

I'm not surprised. Their goal must be to go bankrupt... what a shame and embarrassment. There's NO EXCUSE for poor customer support, and even worse NON-EXISTENT SUPPORT!!

I bought one D-Tek product, and will never do it... EVER again.

Sorry you had to deal with this, DS.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
D -
Take one of your springs down to Ace hardware.

THEY HAVE EVERYTHING !!!

I replaced some springs and mounting screws through them.

:attn:

OP
deadlysyn

deadlysyn

I'm not surprised. Their goal must be to go bankrupt... what a shame and embarrassment. There's NO EXCUSE for poor customer support, and even worse NON-EXISTENT SUPPORT!!

I bought one D-Tek product, and will never do it... EVER again.

Sorry you had to deal with this, DS.

And I bought that same D-Tek product from you.:p It sickens me that they won't respond to anything, no matter what I try to get in contact with them. Since I already have a new spring set, I'm done trying to contact them.

Don't worry about it, GM. If anything, I could have just run it without the springs. I just figured I would be better off with them, since it is my first water setup. Either way, it's my first and last D-Tek product. If I need to replace it any time in the future, I'm looking elsewhere.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I liked DTek - I got some of my first blocks from them. But if this is how it is, I'll definitely look for a Swifty (or other non-DTek) block in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
deadlysyn

deadlysyn

I liked DTek - I got some of my first blocks from them. But if this is how it is, I'll definitely look for a Swifty (or other non-DTek) block in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

Their products always get good reviews, but the absolute lack of communication is enough to drive anyone away.