• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to my 3D mark? Please Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anaxagoras1986

I dont get it! I ran 3D mark on my system before on stock speed and I got 5743. Now I turn the clocks on my card +16/+50 and I lost alot of my score. Now it is at only 4879! I tried totally underclocking it to see the difference 4741...not much differnce but noticable. Before I did these tests I ran my brother's TNT2 in this system to do some checks on it because he was having some probs. Do you think it is a driver problem? Why would my 3D mark drop about 900pts. even with some o/c? Any help id greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

D

Dragon_Engineer2

Run the card at stock again then over clock it but not as high.I'm asuming you are using power strip.Ive found with power strip if you don't reboot after setting the higher clock settings they wont take effect.This maybe just an issue with my system but I would give it try.

OP
A

Anaxagoras1986

I am using the software that came with the detonator drivers. I dont like powerstrip b/c of what you said. Do you think it is a driver/config issue? The wierd thing is that I am getting 4879 at 266/440. Before I put the TNT2 I was running around 250/400 and I got a score of 5743. I think I am going to reinstall the drivers and DirectX...maybe that will help. Anyone have any sugestions? Thanks for any help in advance!

wumeeks

Registered
does your board have the ability to up the agp bus speed?
try playing with that. i oc'd a 2.0ghz on an abit bd7-II raid board to 2.35 and when from a 11.3k score to 13.8~13.9k..that was with the agp locked at stock speeds though. Just remember when you up the bus speeds to do it in small incraments so you are able to lower if you make things unstable. (that score was with ati 9700 pro vid card)

=======================
Comp 1: Soyo PX400 Dragon Ultra Platinum, 2ghz p4, 512ddr pc2100 (soon to be 3200!!), ATI 9700 pro, SB Audigy, 2 IBM 40 gigers with RAID-0 setup running windows XP pro.

Comp 2: Abit BD7II-RAID, 2ghz p4, 512ddr pc2100, WD 40gig 7200 rpm, running XP pro.

OP
A

Anaxagoras1986

How would you go about o/c ing the AGP? Would it just be a FSB adjustment? I havent messed with the FSB at all yet. I have just tested it again after reinstalling DirectX and Reinstalling the vid card in the device manager. With the speeds at 266/450 I got 5119. Before I got 5743 at 250/400. Does anyone have any tips as to why this score went down this far?
I have tried running the clocks at under stock 230/380 and I got 4741! I then gradually ran them back up to my current seting of 266/450 and it still stays in the 5100 range.

Disputant

I tested out those clock rate and refresh rate features on the two latest beta det drivers (40.71, 40.71) and found the features to be useless. I use Rivatuner for my oc and Powerstrip in teh background for my refresh rate lock.

The Detonator ocing option caused lower scores and serious stability issues for me. Guess that comes with betas.