• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to Sound Blaster?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Integrated audio is so good that in most cases, you don't need anything else. There are still external cards from Creative or other brands but I wouldn't waste money unless you need something specific like additional ports or other features.

Exactly.

Unless you're an audiophile with pricey cans or speakers/amps, onboard audio is plenty good enough...especially the higher-end codecs and boards with integrated amps and dacs. They aren't the greatest, but you'll need to be a discerning listener with some decent hardware to really extract the difference.

There are still sound cards, I think Creative still makes some. EVGA has one too (for $150 I believe oof) but yeah, like the others said unless your speakers are worth big bucks you won't be able to tell the difference between a sound card and integrated sound. I have a $200 motherboard and $500 speakers and they sound great tbh, even supposedly "low end" codecs still are good. You can also get a USB DAC instead of an internal sound card if you really need higher quality.

Back