• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to the fridage connection?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MsNath

So there was a bunch of talk about putting a MOBO into a fridge to cool it off. What happened? Was this tried or did the idea fizzle and die?

-20c?

Hello MsNath.
I see you have a p3 700e also (i have slot 1) with an 86w peltier /Alpha p3125s and my lowest temp was -10*c but it stays at -9*c under idle, and under 10*c under full load.
how'd you get yours to -20*c?

-20c?

mark (Mar 08, 2001 10:59 a.m.):
Hello MsNath.
I see you have a p3 700e also (i have slot 1) with an 86w peltier /Alpha p3125s and my lowest temp was -10*c but it stays at -9*c under idle, and under 10*c under full load.

Oh my you really haven't been paying attention have you. Tisk tisk. :) Do a search for the topic "dirt cheap super cooling"

this msnath, she is loco!! she put her poor computer outside in the canadian winter without its woolies!! -20c is no problem for old mother nature! :)

proze (Mar 08, 2001 12:57 p.m.):
this msnath, she is loco!! she put her poor computer outside in the canadian winter without its woolies!! -20c is no problem for old mother nature! :)

I've read somewhere that the average fridge wasn't able to pump the heat produced by a overclocked PC, not to mention a AMD. Ever thought about that? Some people out here who really have done this, what are your experiences? I give a AC-unit more chance, because it has more power.

-20c?

MsNath (Mar 08, 2001 12:28 p.m.):
mark (Mar 08, 2001 10:59 a.m.):
Hello MsNath.

Oh my you really haven't been paying attention have you. Tisk tisk. :) Do a search for the topic "dirt cheap super cooling"

Do you have a picture available of your PC outside with a good pile of snow ontop of it? Welcome to the diehards. And I thought 10°C in my room was cold...(netherlands).

What about taking the comp building a box around it and transplanting the mobo in it. Now making sure to insulate the box you build around it, then adding all the frdige neccessary internals and running the ide cables out of the box as well. Just my thought on this supercooling talk! =)

But for me the water cooling adventure will be just fine... =)

-20c?

Do you have a picture available of your PC outside with a good pile of snow ontop of it? Welcome to the diehards. And I thought 10°C in my room was cold...(netherlands).

Yes I do have pics and again if you do a search for "dirt cheap super cooling" you will find pictures there as well. :)

What about taking the comp building a box around it and transplanting the mobo in it. Now making sure to insulate the box you build around it, then adding all the frdige neccessary internals and running the ide cables out of the box as well. Just my thought on this supercooling talk! =)

But for me the water cooling adventure will be just fine... =)

Back