• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what happened???!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m.d.

i own a older hp celeron 700mghz pc133
when tinkering in the bios i noticed that i had adjustments for cpu
core multiple? this was very suprising it was almost as if the cpu was unlocked! the multiples went from 2 to about 12 or 13(i can't quite remember) now when i go into my bios i can't find it anywhere...it dissapeared.
i am a bit of a newbie but i have a p4 1.8 with pc 2700 that i overclock to about 2.4ghz and ddr400...so i know the basics.
the board on the old hp is built by asus but i don't know the model number, and very overclocking unfriendly, which was why i was so amazed to see a cpu frequency multiple.....now it's gone??????????What happened

JCLW

intel CPUs since the PIII are all multiplier locked (except engineering samples) so you can't change the multiplier anyways.

- JW

batboy

Senior Moment
Sometimes you can change the multiplier in the BIOS, but the system will ignore it if the CPU is locked, which I'm sure it is in your situation. Sometimes, you have to use the "user define" setting to access the FSB and multiplier settings.

OP
M

m.d.

theres no user define in my menu,
no control over memory ratio, voltage, anything just os type pci options and that's about it but for a moment i had a cpu multiplier option which i could access out of the blue???