• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Is ASP.Net Service For?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I have this service in my list I think it's from when I was testing my friend ATI X800 on my HDTV from the .net framework 2. Anyways I have now back my 6600GT so can it be removed somehow or can I disable it.

MRD

It's only needed if you are running a web server that uses IIS. ASP stands for Active Server Pages. It is sort of like Microsoft's equivalent of server side scripting like php and allows for the creation of dynamic web content. If you aren't running a web server, you do not need it. You can still view ASP generated pages (I can view them on Linux, which has never had and probably will never have ASP support anyways).

OP
AngelfireUk83

AngelfireUk83

I found that it resides in the .net framework folder under C:/Windows I un-installed .net FW 2.0 after I removed the ATi card drivers can I delete that folder in Windows directory.

I have disabled the service.

MRD

I don't know enough about how Windows organizes directory structures or what else might be there that is important. You could always try moving it to the recycle bin, and if you get problems, move it back.