• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best heatsink for the T-B w/out reverting to water cooling??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go to http://www.athlonoc.com and look at the Heat Sink shootout- if money is no object $89.99 but boy does it rock. Next closest was the OCZ Gladiator $29-but that is a older review, i hear that the SK6 is a MEga HS

I have had great luck with my Millenium Glaciator. This is very reasonably priced and worked wonders for my temp. Check it out.

My vote goes toward the Swiftech 462b w/ the 80m delta Not the cruddy other fan thier installing now on them, results will be much lower.. If money was a option onle the Thermalright Sk6 would even come close to the Swiftech

Those are all great suggestions, but the ThermoEngine with the Delta fan is the best. It's not TOO loud. If you get it, make sure you take off the damn pad and apply some AS II. :) Check out my system.

I believe the question was not the best bang-for-buck trade-off, but the best air cooled HSF, short of water cooling.

At 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of a Quality water setup, the Swiftech MC-462A, with the Delta Focused Flow 80mm fan is untouchable.

For those who don't read alot, by a Quality water setup, I mean a Danger Den Maze2, Cube, Eheim 1046 (or better) pump, quality reservoir, quality tubing, 2) 120x38mm Panaflo fans, water wetter, etc.

At ~$80.00, the MC-462A with the Delta fan is a close performer to water.

Hoot

SCOdoubleT (Jul 18, 2001 08:47 a.m.):
Those are all great suggestions, but the ThermoEngine with the Delta fan is the best. It's not TOO loud. If you get it, make sure you take off the damn pad and apply some AS II. :) Check out my system.

SCOdoubleT,

I also have a t/b [email protected]
my set up is 10.5x138 with a globalwin WBK38(LOUD little bastard) heheh.
cpu temp @ 36degree celsius or 96degree fahrenheit (less than my body temp) I could go higher but i dont like my cpu temp higher than 100degree fahrenheit.

Hoot (Jul 18, 2001 09:26 a.m.):
I believe the question was not the best bang-for-buck trade-off, but the best air cooled HSF, short of water cooling.

At 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of a Quality water setup, the Swiftech MC-462A, with the Delta Focused Flow 80mm fan is untouchable.

For those who don't read alot, by a Quality water setup, I mean a Danger Den Maze2, Cube, Eheim 1046 (or better) pump, quality reservoir, quality tubing, 2) 120x38mm Panaflo fans, water wetter, etc.

At ~$80.00, the MC-462A with the Delta fan is a close performer to water.

Hoot

Why do you need 2 120s to cool the Rad???

Froggy (Jul 18, 2001 10:50 p.m.):
Hoot (Jul 18, 2001 09:26 a.m.):

-snip-

2) 120x38mm Panaflo fans...

-snip-

Hoot

Why do you need 2 120s to cool the Rad???

Push-Pull. Helps overcome the static air pressure on the input causing the fan to leak airflow out the backside.

Hoot

Back