• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best looking card around 230$?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

hi people, i will put my albatron ti4200 on sell (after i got the replacement from newegg that is), and get another card, but i need a card that is "pretty" enough to kill...so give me your suggestions.

i need a card that has an astonishing look..there, i said it...lol. yeah, i need a "Pretty" biat..in my case, that'z it.

tainice said:
i need a card that has an astonishing look..there, i said it...lol. yeah, i need a "Pretty" biat..in my case, that'z it.

who cares how the card looks it sits upside down anyways , never being really seen for all its glory.

IMHO buy by performance not lookks although that Chaintech is a sweet card.

Cisco KId

well, i care...that'z the only reason i posted the thread..duh. for real, i like to take out my vid card from time to time just to "admire" the work of art..vid cards are so nice looking, i cannot help it!! anyway, both chaintechs are ruled out, their coloration is a bit too much for me, i guess i will have to go with albatron 4200 turbo or leadtek..

you can listen to these guys and go with a card with lackluster looks and bad looking eye candy monstrosities, but why do that when the sleekest mother out there you all know is the voodoo 2 1000 PCI. It says 3dfx on the chipset, and sometimes when you look at it long enough..... it smiles at you as if to say, "On a good day I can play half life." The choice is clear. Thank you for your time.

Jawsome said:
you can listen to these guys and go with a card with lackluster looks and bad looking eye candy monstrosities, but why do that when the sleekest mother out there you all know is the voodoo 2 1000 PCI. It says 3dfx on the chipset, and sometimes when you look at it long enough..... it smiles at you as if to say, "On a good day I can play half life." The choice is clear. Thank you for your time.

why not double the fun, get 2 voodoo 2 pci:D

"you can listen to these guys and go with a card with lackluster looks and bad looking eye candy monstrosities, but why do that when the sleekest mother out there you all know is the voodoo 2 1000 PCI. It says 3dfx on the chipset, and sometimes when you look at it long enough..... it smiles at you as if to say, "On a good day I can play half life." The choice is clear. Thank you for your time."

ROFL

Now that is one sweet looking card, but you forgot to tell him about the dual exhaust and the tricked out spoiler 3dfx added to the Voodoo2!

Jawsome said:

Heh Heh that brought back days of my Monster II :)

On the card I think he should put expensive rims, a bra, those neon lights and those shocks that make the card jump up and down...O yes, and that chrome muffler.

If u take your card out periodically to "admire" its artwork I am worried about you. U could get a case that has a plastic window to admire from 10 inches away.

Samoyed said:
On the card I think he should put expensive rims, a bra, those neon lights and those shocks that make the card jump up and down...O yes, and that chrome muffler.

If u take your card out periodically to "admire" its artwork I am worried about you. U could get a case that has a plastic window to admire from 10 inches away.

that'z not too cool if u have to knee down and look at one thing. i swap vid card with frequency, so i guess there is no need of a window:D

if going for looks the only way to go is Triplex and their silver card. coupled with the carrying case its the most attractive piece of computer hardware i've ever seen.

ti4600-m.jpg

ti4600.gif

Instead of taking the vid card out... why not just find a mirror around the size of the card and find a way to attach it to an empty PCI slot. Saves taking it out, plus, you can watch it while it's in action. :p

Back