• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the best pci vid card out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mark2kay

Registered
my freind gave my a p4 1400 with onboard lan,sound and aparently gefore2 of somekind.but the thing is board has no agp slot.plus only has 3 pci

so whats best pci vid card out there?or just tell a good cheap p4 board that has all of this

funnyperson1

a P4 1.4 is not very upgradeable unless it is a Socket 478....i have seen several ECS mobos though on pricewatch for under 50$ that are socket 423 and have all that you want, unfortunately these only have sdram support...and P4s suck with SDRAM,

my advice to you is to sell the stuff he gave you on ebay and get a real motherboard with a northwood p4 or an Athlon XP...youll be much happier

OP
M

mark2kay

Registered
so this p4 only takes sdram? how do i know what socket it is?

and omg these damn p4 r expensive this 1.4 is 130 on price watch while xp16000 is 53.

damn what is the deal.

funnyperson1

sorry, i didnt explain it well.....

the mobos that you can get for under 50$ that support your chip only support SDRAM.....

and about the price, yes, thats why i would sell it on ebay because some unsuspecting fool will pay 100$ for your P4 1.4 and another will pay 50$ for the ghetto mobo....and this will finance your AMD system which will thouroughly wipe the floor with what your friend gave you :)

funnyperson1

yes, you can use rdram, but somehow i doubt the motherboard your friend gave you supports it,

OP
M

mark2kay

Registered
i know i just sold my xp1800 cause my mboard was crappy (ecs) and i just didnt feel like being bothered and i wanteda ps2.

so i s there ddr boards that will work with my chip also ill raise min to under 100 what can ya do?

OP
M

mark2kay

Registered
holy **** i just moved heatsink to find its a pga370 socket and ita a freaking 1400 celeron.why the hell do they make celerons that fast.well ithink

its says intel 01 phillapines
1200/256/100/1.475

bottom says celeron sl5y5

funnyperson1

actually, thats a lot better than a 1.4 P4.....you have a tualatin celeron like the one in my sig which oc like crazy.....get a good mobo like a TUSL2 or an Abit ST6 and with the Geforce2, it should be a great combo :)

funnyperson1

ASUS, the problem is that the mobos i suggested cost aroun 80-100$...so you may just want to sell the combo and get an Athlon system because they are cheap and fast, and no matter how crappy the ECS mobo was, this would be a definite downgrade from an 1800+

OP
M

mark2kay

Registered
ya im not about to spend 80-100 for the board but i
whats and Abit ST6-r do is it rdram?

Last edited:

funnyperson1

mark2kay said:
ya im not about to spend 80-100 for the board but i
whats and Abit ST6-r do is it rdram?

no it does not, PentiumIII based celerons do not benefit from RDRAM or DDR.....PC133 ram is what the ST6-r supports......

gta3 my favor!!

get a new board , man. u gave me a heart attack!!! No agp port, that's ridiculous!!I wonder how you got in this forun

Get a ECX for $81 canadain (Worst one, but very versatiled)

OP
M

mark2kay

Registered
canadian money,lol

u canadians and ure worthless money crack me up.