• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best secket 370 Cooler???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bang for buck, it's the GlobalWin FOP-32/38, hand's down. WARNING: Great care must be taken when installing these HSF's.

The Alpha Pep66 also fits, with the fan shroud side-mounted as designed. Its a squeeze, but it fits.

klosters64a (Jan 07, 2001 06:46 p.m.):
Bang for buck, it's the GlobalWin FOP-32/38, hand's down. WARNING: Great care must be taken when installing these HSF's.

and where would i get one of these???

I would reccomend the Alpha PAL6035 Everytime, Easy installation, easy assembly, good cooling. Not overly expensive, and Ideal for FCPGA's....

Alpha heatsink

If you ever plan on using a peltier, then get the Alpha PAL6035. If you know you never want to get a peltier, then go with the PEP66. The PEP66 was made for P3 FC-PGA's and has 4 little rubber feet on the bottom for better fitting. The PAL6035 was made for Celeron cpu's which have a much larger cpu slug. The bottom of that heatsink has no feet, and is perfect for peltiers that need a flat surface.

And just a suggestion, I've gone through many motherboards, including the Asus CUV4X, CUSL2, CUSL2-C, and CUBX. I highly recommend the CUBX. I first had the CUV4X, and the via chipset just plain sucks, chipset drivers are always a pain in the ***, and the memory benchmarks are just horrible. I could only get my 700 up to 945 stable. CUSL2 and CUSL2-C have slightly better memory benchmarks, but i could not get any game stable at ANY cpu speed. It would always crash after 20 or 30 minutes. CUBX is flawless. I overclocked to 140 fsb (980mhz) completely stable, NEVER CRASHED ONCE. I did 150 fsb (1050mhz) but Prime95 would shutdown with a program error, still, it never crashed, but i went back to 980mhz. the memory benchmarks are extremely high, in the 500's compared to the 300's of the CUV4X and 400's of the CUSL2. Also, the frame rate with the CUBX is the best. The only downside is that it does not support AGP 4X, which is not really a downside, since benchmarks have proven that AGP4X makes NO difference compared to 2X, especially in Windows 2000. The onboard sound of the CUV4X just sucks, and its memory and framerate benchmarks suck. If you have not purchased it already, please look into the CUBX.

Back