• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best way to store DVD's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N3K0

Registered
I have a CD/DVD Binder of 240. Is there a better way to store them for preservation or just for ease of access?

Thank you in advance.

jmdixon85

I too would be interested to hear peoples opinion on storing a large movie collection onto HDD for viewing with Media center.

bchur83

I just recently copied my entire DVD collection to MP4 on my Media Server. I have a 4TB array to store them on. I used Handbrake to convert them to MP4 with x264. I copied them at around 2.5Mb/s. I can stream them to my PS3, HTPC, and across the net to family members. Works great.

psionic98

not sure thats exactly what OP was asking.. how to put them into the PC, but thats a good option.. course if the drive goes so does your collection (unless its mirrored array of course)

to preserve the "hard copy" of the dvd you need to try to store it at ambient temps of 4c(39f) and 20c(68f) with a humidity below 50% if possible (so basements arent always the good choice) the lower the temp and humidity the better imo and it doesnt have to be in the dark. so your current binder option is fine except for being bulky i guess