• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the diffrent between system temp and Cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tat

Dam it is hot today. About 30C outside but inside my part around 27 i think. So I'm getting measure from MBM5 showed that the system temp is 28 and the cpu is 48 at idle.
That is kindda high? I wonder that the air in my case is not circlate enough? There is 20 degrees dif between CPU and the case temp => IS THIS NORMAL ?. I have 4 fans running full speed -> font and side intake 2 exhaut in the back. All of them is 80mm fan.
Here is the spec of my rig:
Abit NF7 V.2
XPM-2600+
Corsiar 3200 ( CAS2.5)
Current setting is 225MHz x 11. (2.5.3.3.11)
SP-97 + Thermaltake (92mm)-blue led but only running max @ 3600 RPM with Arctist Silver 5.

Peace!!!!!!
Too hot => :beer:

system temp on a dfi board is the northbridge temp not sure if it is the same with the Abit boards.

Now the Sp-97 is a good heatsink so your temps should be better I would be suspect like you case temp is too high

To test out how much case temp impacts your system, open the side of the case, aim a house fan at the motherboard and record temps under stress. This is "best case" for airflow through the case.

Have you removed the fan grids from your case yet? Are your wires and cables out of the air paths in your case? Removing the fan grids increases air flow and reduces noise..:)

As the table shows, the higher your case temp (and fan inlet temp), the hotter the CPU temp. It's no wonder that many are finding fresh air ducts to be a very effective solution at lowering CPU temps. Effective CPU cooling requires BOTH a good heatsink and airflow through the case.

SOURCE LINK :thup:

The side fans is good but the font intake is suk. I did remove all the grid but the font intake fan still cant take all the air beucase there is not hole or watever on the font panel of the case if you know what i mean. :(. Is the CPU temp being dif 20C with the case. Could it be that I dont take air out enough? Even when the weather cold down like 23C for sys but the cpu still stay at 43 or 42 => that is still 20C degree dif :eh?:.
I was thinking make a hole on the top of the case for exhaut with 92 mm fan. But some how i have to resolve the noise little first becuase the TT smartfan on my SP-97 => killing me (high pitch, whiney). THinking exchange it to get enermax is that good?

Last edited:
I'm sure a blowhole at the top of the case would reduce your case temps by a few degrees. Instead of using that Smart Fan on your CPU, why don't you use an Enermax 92mm and another Enermax on the blowhole you're thinking of making?

i am not sure if this is coorect, i use air-cooling and once a cupple days ago my CPU read that the temp was lower than my system, semed odd if you ask me

CheeZeTM said:
i am not sure if this is coorect, i use air-cooling and once a cupple days ago my CPU read that the temp was lower than my system, semed odd if you ask me

I dont know about that man :D. Logicaly, that is not possible :)

To Radical:
Yeah I'm thinking about that Enermax. Becuase it has some good number for its spec. But still concern that it would be enough or those CFM = 64 is true? :)

Nope I'm on Abit NF7 v.2. I think I should make my signature now
:)

Your heatsink's thermal resistance is about .25 C/W. Just assuming that your proc is putting out 100W, that would lead to a 25 C difference between the case temperature and the CPU temperature. So yes, 20C is very reasonable, doesn't get much lower than that. (Although the boards sensors may tell a different story)

Thanks. I think i got the answer. Because when I run at 215 x 11 the idle temp is about 36-38 when the case temp is 23. So thanks alot.

So you think those those exhaut fans doin a god job? :)

Last edited:
Back