• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the memory to get right now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssgohan434

Silicon Valley---> moved to Washington State
Im going to need some RAM for a PIV system soon (most likely Prescott) and have been out of the loop for a while. Last time i was in the loop was when Buffalo was using BH-5 chips and were good to get. So what should i be getting for the PIV system now? Preferebly dual channel 512MB kit or 2 sticks or 256MB.

Archangel4life

get some of the 3700 ocz eb... great stuff i have the platinum 3500 eb and its great. heard the 3700 is better tho

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Yep, what Archangel said! Here is the EB 3700 goodness! I have a gig of this stuff on the way to kraggy! It will retain tighter timings at a higher fsb than the Corsair XL stuff...ofcourse your gonna have to slap it with some higher volts. I sold my Corsair XL to get this stuff.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Any of the EB RAM is good. They all use the same chips, however the PC3700 is binned for extra speed. But is it worth the extra cash??

As for me, I did my homework. I know what chips they use in OCZ's EB RAM, and I hand picked me some from a bestbuy.

2x256 @ $80. Not bad for 240 (3-2-2-11) :attn:

devilscow22

Sentential said:
Any of the EB RAM is good. They all use the same chips, however the PC3700 is binned for extra speed. But is it worth the extra cash??

As for me, I did my homework. I know what chips they use in OCZ's EB RAM, and I hand picked me some from a bestbuy.

2x256 @ $80. Not bad for 240 (3-2-2-11) :attn:

would you like share the knowledge and tell us what chips they are and what ram has them at BB??

durst

check his sig. It's the Kinsgston ValueRam. with the micron chips (mT -5B C) I'm searching BB and CC now for some. Just wish I could get it at the price he did. I can't wait for a sale. Need it now.

Any other thoughts Sent on how to save some money rather than waiting? The current CC price is $129 I think.

flapperhead

durst said:
check his sig. It's the Kinsgston ValueRam. with the micron chips (mT -5B C) I'm searching BB and CC now for some. Just wish I could get it at the price he did. I can't wait for a sale. Need it now.

Any other thoughts Sent on how to save some money rather than waiting? The current CC price is $129 I think.

if they ever come out with ddr600 u can have my kvr 46v32m8 -5b c.. for a 100.00.. (2x256) i have gotten as hi as 260 at 3-2-6-3 at 3.24volts. these sticks are a real steal if u can find some..

cbakey

For RAM Mushkin is defently the best in my mind, it has the best timeings and goes extremely Far over what they sell to you at. I have corsair and with i would have bought the mushkin insted.