• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the normal dif between case temp and cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

I have just noticed that my case and cpu temps are are about 7 F difference. I am about to install my MCX462 but it seems like for some reason my temps are lower than before between the case and cpu.

have never had such close temps b4.

currently using my Glaciator on a AK35GTR with a 1.4 T-bird

thanks,
mike

That would be a rather tough question. Well, maybe not tough but no straight answer. The closer your CPU temp is to your case temp the better your hsf is working to keep the cpu cool. Now obviouslly if its further, then its not getting the cooling needed.

OR ~

Your case fails to have good enough airflow through it, and in turn is forcing your cpu temp up...

Ok, I know what Im saying... Im just having a horrible time trying to explain it.... hhm... maybe someone else will have some luck... :rolleyes:

Grande Juan said:
More important whats case temp. compared to room or ambient temp?

effectivly the same thing - most of the time case temp will be about 2 or 3 degrees higher than room temp.
If you can get your case temp to be the same as your room temp, then you have great airflow through the case... enough air is going through the case to keep the heat out of the case.... follow?

gawd maybe I should go to bed!?~?!

IMHO, it seems you don' have good airflow over your case temperature measuring device.

I have a Durong 700@1000 that produces a temperature of 24*C at idle. The case temp is reported at 26. If my room temperature was really that high then it would be pretty hot for early spring.

This of course with my case fans turned off . My case cooling is very good.:D

Back