• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the Problem? How can I resolve?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beginneroc

Registered
After fresh Vista install Bootsect.Bak shows on Slave Disk (D) Format of C and D should have cleared.
How can I prevent this happening? I am unable to backup system to D:being constantly thrown to DVD/CD (F)
AVG Free shows $AVG. $RECYCLE BIN. Boot. System volume Information when I scan.
What is the problem.
Thanks in advance. :bang head

Flurp

What are you using to do fresh install? Are you formatting both hdds during the fresh install? you are not trying to save your information are you?

jmdixon85

Mmmm> thanks for the redirection Flurp but I'm still confused by this. Sounds like a screenshot of "disk management" would help here.

OP
B

beginneroc

Registered
Solved!!! Thanks to all for input. I disconnected D: Overwrote C: from Parted Magic EraseDisk. C: was as if New disk. Fresh install of Vista to C: including format forcing BOOTSEC.BAK to C: and installed other stuff to C:
Used Parted Magic to create New Disk for D: by overwriting. Initialized and formatted through Disk Manager and we look like a goer. Just about to do backup shadow of C: to D: Hope it works.
Thanks to all! :beer:

OP
B

beginneroc

Registered
All seems ok now. Hope it stays that way.
Thanks again for all efforts to help! :)
The problem seems to have been Bootsect.Bak on D: with this being viewed as boot drive and unable to format or delete through disk Management.

Last edited: