• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the safe way to remove evga 660 sc cover?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sorabishop

Registered
so i have unscrewed all the screws except the the heat sink.
the cover is still not wanting to come off. i tried to pull it off but the card is starting to bend slightly.
i put my fingernails in between the card and cover and pull it apart yet still not budging.
I have took the cover off before on a different card but never had this much trouble.
this is the exact card i have: http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-660-video-card-review-w-msi-and-evga_2023/2

Last edited:

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I think that you will have to remove the screws for the heatsink too. In my experience (and I have a lot with my folding farm) you will have to twist the entire unit off of the card heat sink and all. Make sure that you have 90% or better rubbing alcohol and new thermal paste before you do this.

Once you have everything removed, you'll see the hidden screws that are foiling your removal.