• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is your Windows Experience Index?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
This one is at my work

Please post basic system specs (CPU, RAM type and speed, and Hard drives.)

Two WD 80 gig in RAID 1 on a 3ware 8006-2LP RAID card.

Attachments

• Windows Exp.jpg
    Windows Exp.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,233
  • System Specs.jpg
    System Specs.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 2,232
Desktop is down atm, but I got when it was running...
CPU - 7.9
RAM - 7.9
GPU - 6
Gaming GPU - 6.5 (Something is up with this, GTX295 lol?)
Hard disk - 6.3

Desktop is down atm, but I got when it was running...
CPU - 7.9
RAM - 7.9
GPU - 6
Gaming GPU - 6.5 (Something is up with this, GTX295 lol?)
Hard disk - 6.3

You sig shows the GTX in RMA status... Have a different card in there and forgot about it? lol

There definately has to be a forceware problem if you are getting lower than my gpu score!
Well, not so much. The WEI is a useless barometer for anything really b/c of anomalies like this and many others. I cringe inside when I see noobs make threads "my WEI is low, WTH!!!". ;)

just installed 7 few hours ago...
here's the numbers:

CPU: 6.5
RAM: 7.0
Graphics: 7.3
Gaming: 7.3
HDD: 5.9

guess my hardware :santa:

This is mine, Hard disk is letting me down...

Me too.

weie.jpg

Well, not so much. The WEI is a useless barometer for anything really b/c of anomalies like this and many others. I cringe inside when I see noobs make threads "my WEI is low, WTH!!!". ;)

Yeah, know what you mean. It is especially bad when you look at the HDD scores. There are SSD's and Raptors in Raid scoring below 6.5. :screwy:

7.7 for everything but my HD which brings my overall score down to 5.9 :p

Capture-2.png

Gotta love that DDR3 RAM running as fast as it'll possibly go... certainly slower than the DDR2 RAM i've seen maxing out at 5.9 in Vista :screwy:

P.S. Anyone know how to fix the network icon in the system tray? I can't get it to work right... always stuck on the "no connection" icon :/

Last edited:
Back