• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is your Windows Experience Index?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Same overall as anyone else with a half-way decent, single 7200RPM drive. :)

Attachments

• winexp.jpg
    winexp.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,928
5.6 here only because the current CPU is slow. When I get around to ordering the new stuff I'm sure it'll go up a whole 0.3 to 5.9 because of the hard drive (7200 rpm, sata300) is too slow.

Capture-2.png

Gotta love that DDR3 RAM running as fast as it'll possibly go... certainly slower than the DDR2 RAM i've seen maxing out at 5.9 in Vista :screwy:

P.S. Anyone know how to fix the network icon in the system tray? I can't get it to work right... always stuck on the "no connection" icon :/

Weird on the ram thing, I get 7.7 with ddr2 @ 1000mhz 5-5-5-18. And thus why we dont use the WEI as a benchie. Haha

So...how do you put the hardware information in the WEI screen like some people have and some don't? I've seen that before.....

Open the WEI window (Performance Information and Tools in the control panel) then click the "View and Print Detailed Performance and System Information" button.

this is for rig 1 below
I'm having problems with my 2x30gb vertex raid0 scores, they used to rate at 7.5, but now...7.3
Capture15.JPG

Capture16.JPG

It says 3.4ghz, but it's running at 448x8.5 for 3.8ghz. going to try for 4.0 later this week after i sort out the SSD raid0, hopefully...

My thoughts exactly lol

this is for rig 1 below
I'm having problems with my 2x30gb vertex raid0 scores, they used to rate at 7.5, but now...7.3
Capture15.JPG

Capture16.JPG

It says 3.4ghz, but it's running at 448x8.5 for 3.8ghz. going to try for 4.0 later this week after i sort out the SSD raid0, hopefully...

At least it's not 5.9 lol

Processor: 7.3
Memory:7.3
Graphics:7.1
Gaming Graphics: 7.1
Primary Hard Disk: 5.9 :cry:

• Intel C2Q q9550 – Stock
• Ram 4 x 2g Cors 6400C5
• VGA Visontek 900250 HD4870 X2 2G RT
• Hard drive WD VelociRaptor 300GB
• ASUS P5Q Pro Motherboard

Any way to increase HD score without moving to SSD?

Capture-1.jpg

I'm somewhat surprised by the puny 2600xt's numbers. My HD is weak cause the MB doesn't support raid and the 7 installation came after Ubuntu.

Got to love them SLACR 6600's though!!!

Hey guys. Brand new here to this forum. But I was considering upgrading my Q8300 to i5-650 and was searching the web to see if the upgrade would give me a better performance and stumbled on this thread. I see as pictured below, two people in this same thread with Q6600 get better Windows User Experience rating than I get with a Q8300 (7.2 rating). Can someone please tell me how??? Thanks. And also if anyone can tell me where I go to see the "More details about my system" screen where it not only shows my rating, but my hardware next to the ratings, I would appreciate that.

I'm not trying to sidetrack the thread...but you all need to disregard anything this WEI gives you. It's a bunch of fluff and poo.

Wanna know how strong your CPU is, run some Wprime 1024, wanna know how your system stands up graphically, run some 3d03 or Vantage and compare yourself to others.

Back